Broadcast IT Specialist
Walt Disney Television
Are you an individual that is interested with all things technology, and constantly looking at how tech can make life more efficient and stable? Intrigued by not only making technologies work, but learning how and why they work? Do you want to be on the forefront of an ever-evolving landscape, solving problems on a daily basis while helping deliver our product to the consumer in real-time?
What we do:
We are the second largest Radio Broadcaster in the United states, with over 240 terrestrial radio stations spanning across 48 cities, delivering audio to tens of millions of people a day…without exaggeration. This also includes our Radio.com streaming platform, and 2500+ owned and operated podcasts in addition to our on-demand content.
Entercom Corporate seeks a talented and driven individual to serve as a Network Operations Center Technician.
What you will do:
• Save the day.
• Keep a birds-eye, over watching view of the entire company's technical operations.
• Provide direct technical support with local market engineers and board ops when necessary.
• Monitor automated and end user incidents, troubleshoot, and resolve problems remotely.
• Learn the operation of broadcast radio station and streaming equipment.
• Proactively monitoring the on-air automation systems and the critical elements of Entercom's technical infrastructure.
• Have a voice - Assist in the development and organization of NOC programs as they are being developed and built.
• Communicate with local engineers on a regular basis, assuring they are attuned to the NOC procedures and actions taken in their respective markets.
• Make an impact.
What you have:
• Passion for knowledge and the drive for personal development.
• Availability to work various hours / days, including weekends and holidays.
• The ability to learn on the fly, and retain information like a sponge.
• Strong time management skills, including the ability to multi-task in a multiple project environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong PC skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
What you might have:
• Two to Four years of college or technical school and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• IT & Network knowledge and experience.
• Experience with digital audio and audio streaming.
• Broadcast experience, technical and/or operational.
Entercom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Entercom affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless
of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state,
or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment
opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Entercom, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.