Director, Site Experience
Universal Music Group
Location: This opportunity is currently remote, however, the individual in this role would need to be within commuting distance of Philadelphia, PA when the office opens.
The Technical Operations Center (TOC) Support Engineer is the first point of contact in coordinating incident resolution and service requests while actively monitoring critical systems and platforms. This role works closely between our Support Desk, Product, Engineering, DevOps, and Quality Assurance teams to provide support and platform stability across our streaming, application and cloud based ecosystems. The Support Engineer is responsible for monitoring and administering all systems, as required. They will act as the Operations Point Of Contact (POC) for all Critical Event Managemen t. They will be responsible for Ticket Management across multiple services/environments, requiring updating and resolution of service requests and incidents while meeting response & resolution SLA's.
Must be willing to work in a 24x7x365 environment with rotating shifts, including weekends. The shifts schedules for this position are subject to change, but are currently:
1st Shift: 5am - 1pm
2nd Shift:10am - 6 pm
3rd Shift: 3pm - 11pm
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Coordinate and support users and groups through the enterprise via service requests and incident resolution within the digital teams or other identified groups.
• Work closely with other internal departments, BPO teams and vendors in collaborating support requirements to ensure all methods, processes and procedures are followed, up-to-date and fully adopted.
• Ability to work in ambiguous situations and initiate technical aptitude to drive resolution.
• Provide direct support escalation for initial triage and troubleshooting to various SME's and Teams.
• Own and manage the Technical Operations ticket queue, escalations to Product Operations and Engineering teams as outlined in the SOP and fulfillment of established SLAs.
• Ability to identify, categorize and prioritize individual and critical issues received dependent on their severity.
• Execute routine system health checks for critical systems, applications, and platforms.
• Perform system, application or platform validation after a Major Incident or Change.
• Provide technical guidance and information to end-users.
• Effectively communicate product bugs and issues to management and established groups.
• Identify and create knowledge base content for the Help Centers through end-user inquiries.
Experience & Qualifications:
• Excellent customer service and communication skills to provide high quality, efficient service through multiple channels.
• Passion for helping customers and solving problems
• Ability to flex communication style based on audience and situation
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs and JIRA (Confluence).
• Practical hands-on experience monitoring and responding to events in cloud-based environments such as Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
• Previous experience monitoring cloud applications using monitoring tools such as Sumo Logic, New Relic, DataDog, Splunk etc.
• 3+ years in a technical operations center (TOC), network operations center (NOC) or security operations center (SOC) environment.
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues is a MUST.
• 5+ years experience using enterprise ticketing tools such as Zendesk, Remedy or Service Now.
• Knowledge and experience working with the following is preferred.
• Enterprise-level Content Management Systems (CMS)
• Mobile devices (iPhones, iPads, Androids, Tablets, etc.) and their operating systems
• Alexa Devices, Google Home, Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast and other home entertainment systems.
• Excellent writing and communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex technical issues in plain language.
• Bachelor's degree or prior experience in equivalent roles for 3+ years.
• Flexibility and willingness to work in a 24x7 operations environment.
Nice to Have:
• Knowledge or certification of ITIL V3.0 a strong plus, but not required.
• Knowledge of streaming media protocols: HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), MPEG-DASH, RTP, RTSP, etc.
• Strong understanding of HTTP networking (protocol, cookies, authentication, cache, security, and performance).
• Hands-on experience with audio or video encoding software is a plus.