- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Entercom Las Vegas has an immediate opening for a Staff Engineer to support its 6 station cluster.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include the following:
• Maintain integrity of on-air product 24/7
• Ability to inspect, repair, and maintain all broadcast radio station equipment, including FM, HD and AM transmitters, antennas, satellite down/up-links, automation system, studio equipment, remote equipment, generators, telephone system and other related equipment
• Set up and maintenance of broadcast remote equipment
• Support station and field operations, as necessary, especially during major studio and field efforts involving complex technical operations
• Assist with IT support to all staff
• Back up Chief Engineer as necessary for weekly review
of logs for correct and complete entries, EAS test and tower light requirements.
• Some project management duties will be required
• Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed
• Minimum two years of experience in broadcast facility maintenance with 2 years associates degree in electronics or 5 years full time hands on experience, including hands-on support of FM/AM radio transmitters and modern studio equipment at a radio station
• Ability to troubleshoot and repair electronics at the component level
• Familiarity with high voltage, generators, satellite uplink and downlink facilities and receivers
• Experience with modern digital audio systems including WideOrbit, VoxPro and SAS is highly desirable
• Strong knowledge of computers and IT systems.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office is a must (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
• Knowledge of FCC Rules and Regulations
• Strong verbal and writing communication skills
• Strong proven time management skills including the ability to multi-task in a multiple project environment
• Must be a ''self-starter'' able to work independently and fulfill responsibilities without constant supervision
• Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds, climb ladders, grasp objects and work in a physically active setting
• Availability to work various hours / days, including occasional weekends and holidays when necessary
• Ability to provide 24x7 on-call, on-site service for studio and transmitter locations
• A valid driver's license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of applicant's own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required.
Entercom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Entercom affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Entercom, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.