E-Commerce Success Manager, Commerce Premium
Los Angeles, CA
KNX 1070 Newsradio is launching an exciting transformation of its digital news operation and is seeking talented digital journalists with strong news judgment and newsgathering skills, as well as a passion for local news and audio storytelling. This team will work to grow audience across all platforms, from the mobile web to social media to smart speakers. This is an opportunity to join an award-winning news operation that has built a large loyal listening audience over many years and now seeks to extend its reach by creating and distributing an array of new digital content.
As part of this transformation, KNX is seeking a Social Community Manager who will report to the Digital Managing Editor. The Social Community Manager is responsible for executing on all social media platforms, including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. They will pitch ideas and program, write, and execute on social platforms and work closely to monitor analytics and help the brand reach its goals. The Social Community Manager also writes email newsletters and push alert copy to help drive the cultivation of super fans and drive overall audience engagement.
• Create, produce, and optimize content for use across all social platforms
• Write and edit headlines and text to position content for maximum engagement on social media
• Help grow the brand's social media followers and referrals to our website
• Engage and respond to followers in real time
• Brainstorm and execute innovative new social strategies, test new platforms, and expand social monetization opportunities
• Respond to breaking news and actively monitor sources of breaking news (Dataminr, Twitter, AP, etc.)
• Collaborate with digital and broadcast staff to advance and tailor stories and other content for social
• Post to social media accounts, compose push notifications and newsletters
• Use real-time data in Google Analytics and Chartbeat to drive editorial/story decisions
• Bachelor's degree
• 1-2 years' experience with social media
• Command of best practices on all social media platforms
• Outstanding news judgment, ability to work under deadline pressure and strong writing skills
• Experience with content management/online publishing systems
• Stellar communication skills
• Keen attention to detail
• Proactive, organized, and self-motivated with a team mentality
• Understands web and social analytics and how to interpret data
• Passion for local news, podcasts, and digital media
• Ability to evaluate news leads and tips to develop story ideas
• Ability to work calmly in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments while under deadline pressure
• Strong organizational skills and solid work ethic
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Willingness to experiment and innovate
• Experience using Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, or other comparable photo and video editing software
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs and/or ladders; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. A valid driver's license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of applicant's own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required.
NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the employee, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Entercom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Entercom affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Entercom, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Administrative Support Workers