Entercom Communications Corp. (NYSE: ETM) is a leading audio and entertainment company with corporate headquarters in Philadelphia. We are seeking an Senior Counsel specializing in employment law to join our corporate legal team.
Our day-to-day work environment is dynamic and fast-paced. We take a collaborative, team-oriented approach, which is essential for building effective teams and relationships within our company.
Responsibilities will include:
• Prepare, review and negotiate advertising, licensing, programming content, sports rights, vendor contest/prize and event related agreements
• Prepare and review contest rules
• Provide counsel on matters relating to images, music, podcasts, blog posts, social media, etc., including use of artist, team, event, brand and other materials that may belong to third party
• Provide counsel on matters relating to defamation, libel, slander, and First Amendment issues
• Provide counsel on matters relating to sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions
• Corporate policy training and compliance auditing
• Directly handle or escalate any other legal matters arising in markets or at stations
• Provide legal counsel on securities law compliance and SEC reporting, including in connection with the preparation of current and periodic reports, proxy statements, Forms 3,4,4, annual and quarterly reports on Forms 10-K and 10-Q, current reports on Form 8-K, proxy statements, Forms S-8, Section 16 filings, and other disclosure requirements.
• Advise members of senior management and business functions on corporate governance, securities law and NYSE compliance matters
• Advise investor relations, corporate and product communications, and corporate financial reporting functions on disclosure and securities matters, including in connection with press releases, investor presentations and management presentations
• Advise on executive compensation matters, including incentive plans and programs, benefits, equity plan and administration and related public company disclosure considerations.
• Advise on debt and equity offerings and other financing activities from a securities law perspective
• Provide legal support to the Board of Directors and Board Committees on corporate governance matters
• Counsel on internal corporate governance and subsidiary matters, including parent and subsidiary corporate records, creation and dissolution of corporate entities, and corporate authority questions.
• Minimum four (4) years of current legal and contract management practice drafting, negotiating, and interpreting contracts, as well as in-depth knowledge and practical experience around matters related to securities law reporting and compliance, corporate governance, and corporate record keeping
• Ability to work independently
• Comfortable in a fast-paced, high-volume workplace environment
• Exceptional initiative, judgment, prioritizing and organizational skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Juris Doctorate Degree with ability to practice in PA required
Must Have a valid driver's license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires the use of applicant's own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required