- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Radio Broadcast Engineer
This is a rare full-time engineering position at Entercom - Richmond, Virginia. The stations include WRVA AM, WRVQ FM, WRNL AM, WRXL FM, WTVR FM, WBTJ FM and 3 translators.
• Maintain integrity of all on-air and on-line products, including high power FM, HD, AM directional antenna systems, digital audio & audio streaming
• Install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair the all broadcast radio station equipment, including transmitters, antennas, STL, satellite downlinks, Wide Orbit automation system, studio equipment, remote equipment, generators, telephone system and related other equipment. Ability to do component level troubleshooting desired.
• Install broadcast equipment at studios, transmitter sites, in company vehicles, at remote broadcast locations, and at two-way sites in keeping with good engineering practice.
• Assist in planning and development of all aspects of technical facilities including studios, transmitters, telephone systems, satellite, STL, computers and data networks.
• Create instructional materials and teach operators to use technical equipment and systems.
• Minimum two years of experience in broadcast facility maintenance, including hands-on support of FM radio transmitters and modern studio equipment at a radio station
• Four-year college or technical school and/or training, or equivalent combination of education & experience preferred
• Knowledge of FCC Rulers & Regulations
• Basic knowledge of computers and IT systems is a must, including networking and proficiency with Microsoft Office products
• Experience with modern digital audio systems including SAS, Wide Orbit, Vox Pro and Livewire is highly desirable
• SBE Certification is preferred
• Able to obtain Valid Virginia driver's license for operation of company vehicles is required
• Strong proven time management skills including ability to multi-task in a multiple-project environment
• Availability to work various hours / days, including some weekends and holidays
• Ability to provide on-call status and response 24/7 in case of equipment failure or other emergencies, including reliable transportation and communication
• Excellent customer service and communication skills are critical
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently be required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
First/Mid Level Officials and Managers