This is a rare full-time engineering position at Entercom Memphis: WRVR 104.5 The River, WLFP 94.1 The Wolf, WMC-FM 99.7 FM100, WMFS 92.9 ESPN and WMC-AM ESPN 790.
• Maintain integrity of all on-air and on-line products, including FM, HD and AM transmissions, digital audio & audio streaming
• Install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair the all broadcast radio station equipment, including transmitters, antennas, satellite downlinks, automation system, studio equipment, remote equipment, generators, telephone system and related other equipment
• Install broadcast equipment at studios, transmitter sites, in company vehicles, at remote broadcast locations, and at two-way sites in keeping with good engineering practice.
• Assist in planning and development of all aspects of technical facilities including studios, transmitters, telephone systems, satellite, STL, computers and data networks.
• Create instructional materials and teach operators to use technical equipment and systems.
• Minimum two years of experience in broadcast facility maintenance, including hands-on support of FM radio transmitters and modern studio equipment at a radio station
• Four-year college or technical school and/or training, or equivalent combination of education & experience preferred
• Knowledge of FCC Rulers & Regulations
• Basic knowledge of computers and IT systems is a must, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
• Experience with modern digital audio systems including SAS, Wide Orbit, Vox Pro and Livewire is highly desirable
• SBE Certification is preferred
• Must have a valid driver's license and, if a personal vehicle is required, insurance
• Strong proven time management skills including ability to multi-task in a multiple-project environment
• Availability to work various hours / days, including some weekends and holidays
• Ability to provide on-call status 24/7 in case of equipment failure
• Personal vehicle is required for twenty-four hour response to emergencies
• Excellent customer service and communication skills are critical
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently be required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus