How would you like to work and play in the Capital of the most powerful State in the Union? WRVA AM-FM in Richmond, Virginia has a rare opening for an Producer. 2021 and beyond will be unbelievable in news and politics, so come and be a part of a legendary radio station in one of America's coolest cities. We've got great restaurants, breweries and the history in this city is second to none. You are also right in the middle of everything with DC to the north, Virginia Beach to the east and the mountains to the west.
You'll be working with an experienced Major Market management team and Host as well as an outstanding support staff.
The ideal candidate loves politics is proficient in social media and digital technology and is a master of audio production. The ability to lead and direct a show/content while running an efficient control board is essential.
• You must be a creative political junkie and have a point of view.
• Are organizational skills your superpower?
• The ideal candidate must be willing and able to work in partnership with and under the direction of established show host(s) to craft interesting, compelling, and occasionally humorous segments.
• Ability to network and build a list of contacts for news and sports programming
• Schedule guests for News and Content
• Research show and news topics and stories
• Understand how to book and create a compelling show/content
• Ability to create and edit compelling original video content is a must.
• Provide creative input on broadcast and news elements
• Social Media proficiency and ability to create written, audio and web content
• Ability to create and produce a professional podcast
• Working knowledge of Wide Orbit automation. Strong technical skills.
• Schedule and train Producers and Part-time board Operators
• Working knowledge of Adobe Audition
• Ability to use web content management software
Minimum of 2 + years producing radio show. Must be computer literate; requires creative approach and ability to prioritize. Knowledge of the broadcast area and station demographics is essential; 4 year degree preferred. A valid driver's license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of applicant's own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required.
NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the employee, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d88qnq-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.