News Reporter / Anchor
Chicago's flagship sports talk station WSCR 670-AM, The SCORE is seeking a full-time Sports Talk Show Co-Host to join our coveted PM drive. If you know Chicago sports and you are a great story teller with an engaging personality we may have the perfect job for you. You and your co-host will create and deliver a daily fast-paced entertaining and sports show, focusing heavily on comprehensive coverage of the major Chicago sports brands and the development of hot topics of local and national scope. If you understand that radio is a two-way, cross-platform digital experience, the SCORE may be the place for you!
• Perform live broadcasts that are entertaining and informative
• Communicate daily with co-host, producer and program director to ensure program goals are met
• Assist the show producer with daily strategies, story angles and guest ideas and acquisition
• Interact with the audience on-air and via social media on a daily basis
• Maintain strong contacts and relationships with local sports brands
• Create daily content for website and social media channels
• Prepare and research for broadcasts
• Protect the station's FCC license
• Monitor the shows and commercial logs for the airshift
• Ensuring that promotions and contests are executed properly
• Making personal appearances at station events and remote broadcasts
• Digital content creation
• On –Camera video origination
• Sales/marketing responsibilities
• Not mandatory, but suggested wagering and gambling knowledge
• Writing skills required for digital content
• Other duties as required by management.
• Synergy with co-host and ability to work on multi-host sports show
• Must be an excellent communicator with strong creative skills
• Must have solid productions skills and a strong working knowledge of studio audio equipment necessary for on-air and production execution, including working the board and on-air digital systems such as Audio Vault and RCS Master Control
• Knowledge of the format and audience required
• Excellent on-air voice with demonstrated track record required
• Knowledgeable of FCC guidelines
• 5 years Major Market on air experience
• Connections and familiarity with Chicago sports landscape
A valid driver's license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of applicant's own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required.
Entercom Communications Corp. (NYSE: ETM) is a leading audio and entertainment company engaging over 170 million consumers each month through its iconic broadcast brands, expansive digital platform, premium podcast network and live events and experiences. With presence in every major U.S. market, and accessible on every device, Entercom delivers the industry's most compelling live and on-demand content and experiences from voices and influencers its communities trust and love. The company's robust portfolio of assets and integrated solutions offer advertisers today's most engaged audiences through targeted reach, brand amplification and local activation-all at national scale. Entercom is the unrivaled leader in local radio sports and news and the #1 creator of live, original local audio content in the U.S. Learn more at www.entercom.com, Facebook and Twitter (@Entercom).
Entercom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Entercom affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Entercom, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.