Director Of User & Subscription
The Personalization team is an elite team of data and technology specialists with expertise in the ever-changing universe of Personalization, Recommendations, Search and the practical application of data across a diverse content platform.
The Director of Engineering, Personalization will be a hands-on engineering lead that owns the definition, execution, and delivery of the services necessary to personalize experiences for our users. Additionally, the Director of Engineering, Personalization will be responsible for participating in the selection and management of vendors to accelerate business initiatives and provide value. The candidate will be considered a stakeholder with the Enterprise Data Team to ensure that data is flowing to and from the Enterprise Data Lake and Data Systems.
The successful candidate will have a fully-rounded knowledge of successfully developing and delivering organizational and client value solutions. In addition to working effectively in a fast paced multi-disciplinary, multi-team culture.
• Build and lead a Personalization & Recommendation team, that will consist of Full Time, Consultants/Contractors and Vendors.
• Develop a personalization plan for multiple content types (Audio, Editorial, Event, eCommerce, and Sports Betting)
• Participate in developing a personalization plan and determine the best personalization method (1:1, Persona, Segmentation/Categorization, Journey)
• Advise and consult with other teams, to ensure that the necessary meta data, categorization and tagging is in place to ensure relevant results
• Build and Coach your team, to be able to support multiple business initiatives.
• Be a contributor to the Overall Digital Engineering Platform vision
• Lead and participate in Build vs Buy Decisions for services related to Personalization
• Evaluate vendors against current business initiatives, and future directional initiatives.
• Work with and Integrate services & data with the Enterprise Data Team.
• 10 years of demonstrated technology leadership experience implementing large scale personalization initiatives and client services.
• Experience in hiring and managing teams (both full time and Consultant/Contractor)
• Experience evaluating, managing, and implementing 3rd party personalization platforms, like Evergage, Dynamic Yield, Rich Relevance, Monetate, Certona, Others.
• Experience working with both engineering and Enterprise data teams.
• Experience building high performance services, to support both mobile and web clients.
• Experience testing personalization/recommendation methods and algorithms.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
Entercom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Entercom affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless
of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state,
or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment
opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Entercom, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.