Location: This opportunity is available remote, however, the majority of the team sits in Denver.
The Data team is an elite team of data and marketing strategy AND technology specialists with expertise in the ever-changing universe of precision marketing, ad-technologies, and data architecture and management.
The Director of Data Engineering will be a hands engineering lead that owns the definition, execution, and delivery of the technical data architecture for Entercom's data team. The work will improve the quality, reliability, accuracy, and consistency of our data by engineering project-specific data pipelines and validation tools, and the team's overall data model. The candidate will have a hands-on role with product specialists and be responsible for working with them to understand data requirements and then execute by implementing those requirements. As part of the Data Team, you will help build data pipelines that empower the organization's ability to make more informed decisions.
The successful candidate will have a fully-rounded knowledge of successfully developing and delivering organizational and client value solutions.
• Build and lead a Data engineering practice to helps drive cloud enablement, client and partner data exchange capabilities, and operational efficiency solutions to evolve data systems of interaction, systems of integration and systems of records
• Develop a cloud-enabled Data Architecture framework including blueprints, solutions, principles, design patterns and standards as well as coach, train, and develop other technical staff on data best practices and solutions
• Assist in the development and maintain metadata management and repository strategy to manage all enterprise information architecture project artifacts
• Collaborate, co-create and develop relationships with business, technology and enterprise teams across the organization by partnering, sharing and leveraging best practices and solutions
• Embraces emerging technologies with the ability to recommend innovative solutions that drive business and product value
• Establish success working in a ''test and learn environment'' with proven learning agility
• Mentor and guide peers and junior talent to help create a pool of technically strong subject matter experts and improve talent in the company
• 10 years of demonstrated technology leadership experience implementing large scale data management and exchange projects with at least 7 years of experience as a Cloud Data Architect or deep hands on involvement in Applications and integrations Architecture
• Experience deploying and running AWS based data solutions and familiar with tools such as Cloud Formation, IAM, Athena, Neptune, Redshift, and Kinesis
• Experience engineering production level big-data solutions using technologies like Databricks or EMR, S3, Spark and an in-depth understanding of data partitioning and sharding techniques
• Familiar with metadata management, data lineage, and principles of data governance
• Experience loading and Querying cloud-hosted databases such as Redshift and Snowflake
• Building streaming data pipelines using Kafka, Kinesis, Spark, or Flink
• Familiarity with binary data serialization formats such as Parquet, Avro, and Thrift
• Experience deploying data notebooks and analytic environments such as Jupyter and Databricks
• Knowledge of the Python data ecosystem using pandas and numpy
• Experience building and deploying ML pipelines: training models, feature development, data integrations, regression testing, predictive modeling
• Experience with graph-based and event-based data workflows using Apache Airflow, AWS Lambda, Docker, and/or Kubernetes
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred