KNX 1070 Newsradio is launching an exciting transformation of its digital news operation and is seeking talented digital journalists with strong news judgment and news-gathering skills, as well as a passion for local news and audio storytelling. This team will work to grow audience across all platforms, from the mobile web to social media to smart speakers. This is an opportunity to join an award-winning news operation that has built a large loyal listening audience over many years and now seeks to extend its reach by creating and distributing an array of new digital content.
• Lead digital content team and direct and supervise their work
• Work with other managers to recruit, select, hire, orient, and train digital content team members
• Set goals and deadlines, organize work flows and schedules, and assign work to members of the digital content team
• Implement productivity standards, monitor team productivity, and appraise team performance
• Work with other managers to provide constructive feedback and coaching, counseling, and discipline to members of digital content team
• Take lead on developing and executing a digital content strategy that grows a large loyal audience
• Oversee social media strategy; manage posts and feeds on all platforms
• Develop story ideas, series, and special projects that complement broadcast news coverage
• Oversee daily news coverage, assign, review, and edit articles
• Write news stories, with all applicable elements, including SEO-friendly headlines, photos, audio, video and embedded social elements with speed and accuracy
• Post to social media accounts, compose push notifications and newsletters
• Review and approve podcasts and other specialty multimedia content
• Collaborate with broadcast staff to adapt and tailor stories and other content for digital
• Publish articles, audio stories, podcasts and short videos on all digital platforms
• Write and edit headlines and text to position content for maximum engagement on the mobile web, apps, and social media
• Ensure all daily content is optimized for SEO
• Use real-time metrics in Google Analytics and Chartbeat to drive editorial/story decisions
• Work with marketing, audience development, and sales to identify opportunities to expand distribution and revenue potential of digital content
• Develop and maintain editorial calendar and schedule
• Develop clear goals and KPIs around scale, engagement and TLH that hold team accountable for progress
• Bachelor's degree
• 5+ years of experience producing, editing, and distributing digital news and digital audio content
• Outstanding news judgment and ability to work under deadline pressure
• Strong editing, writing, reporting and story development skills
• A knack for transforming a piece of audio into a compelling digital article
• Experience managing, coaching and mentoring junior producers/writers
• Ability to refine and optimize podcasts and audio content for digital distribution
• Significant experience with content management/online publishing systems
• Command of best practices on all social media platforms
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
Candidates will need to submit writing samples and may be asked to take an edit test.
• Passion for local news, podcasts, and digital media
• Experience and demonstrated ability working with broadcast or other legacy media
• Ability to evaluate news leads and news tips to develop story ideas
• Willingness to experiment and innovate
• Strong organizational skills and solid work ethic
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Experience with Adobe Audition, or similar audio editing program
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs and/or ladders; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. A valid driver's license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of applicant's own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required.
NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the employee, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Entercom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Entercom affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Entercom, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
First/Mid Level Officials and Managers
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d88z7k-3-227-0-150-42 in your application.