Penguin Random House
New York, NY
The Digital Designer is responsible for the delivery of marketing assets, predominantly social media promotion, website banners, email headers, and landing pages.
Requirements include delivering projects to deadline while maintaining a high quality of digital design work across the company. This will involve the daily preparation and delivery of marketing assets and the management of multiple projects concurrently, often with very short turnaround times.
They will report to the Design Team Lead and will often need to collaborate proactively with other team members, partners, and marketing counterparts to support and enable them to meet their KPIs.
Passion and enthusiasm for the work, as well as team collaboration and respect, are required.
• Assist the Senior Graphic Designer and the marketing team in the production digital marketing collateral, including digital ad campaigns, material for major partners, website assets, and more
• Assist with production of social content for Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, e-commerce sites and more
• Edit and resize video and gif assets, partner sites, and social channels
• Presentation deck layout and formatting to aid in telling a clean and concise story
• Work with writers and content strategists to define well-integrated social experiences and relaying these concepts through visuals
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of cultural and business trends
• Adhere to brand guidelines and project deadlines
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced by being flexible, detail-oriented, and comfortable working with multiple teams, vendors, partners, and management
• Temporary part time assignment (no benefits) for 3-6 months for 15-20 hours/week
• BFA in Graphic or Digital Media Design (or significant equivalent experience)
• Minimum 2-3 years of relevant experience (agency experience preferred)
• Self-starter who brings ideas to the table with ability to take feedback and execute on tasks
• Strong portfolio that includes recent work examples, with specific work in digital and social media
• Expertise with Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
• Personal skills that will allow you to work either independently or seamlessly with others, including organization, communication, and attention to detail
• An attitude that fosters personal growth; open to constructive criticism and willing to learn from it moving forward.
• Design experience for social media, digital advertising and email
• Strong ability to adhere to brand guidelines and specifications
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Comprehension on social platform capabilities and specifications
Nice to have:
• Understanding of website usability/web optimization best practices
• Experience with Adobe Premiere, Premiere Pro
• Experience in print design and layout
Entercom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Entercom affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless
of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state,
or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment
opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Entercom, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.