Lead Digital Video Show Producer - Podcasts
New York, NY
Are you a podcast fan, tapped into the latest podcast releases, new launches, and discovering podcasts to recommend to friends? RADIO.COM is looking for a highly motivated, creative, and detail-oriented Content Producer to join our growing team in New York or Los Angeles.
Our digital podcast editorial team is looking for a writer to add to our podcast coverage. The right candidate will cover stories across our own podcasts as well as the entire podcast ecosystem to help podcast lovers discover what to listen to next. The team needs a strong voice who can't quit consuming content or discovering podcasts and is ready to write about it.
The ideal candidate is a quick-thinking self-starter and resourceful writer who has a way with words and the ability to ignite conversations around the latest podcast news. You have a sharp instinct of what readers will engage with and are able to jump genres - from sports and politics to pop culture. You see stories beyond just the latest releases, but also around human interest, viral, and lifestyle angles. You balance it all with a commitment to content analytics and thrive in a fast-paced, communication-driven team environment.
• Write, publish and distribute both original stories across all platforms, including web/app/social
• Ensure all daily content is optimized for search
• Create content that drives audience growth and engagement, while supporting user and sales needs
• Understand reporting systems like Google Analytics and how to use data to drive audience growth
• Track content that's driving traffic and know how to maximize audience and engagement
• Strong communication with podcast creators to identify big-name guests, and breaking news to turn around content immediately - owning news as opposed to being scooped
• Ability to interview talent, researching the right questions to create compelling content
• Be an effective communicator (beyond email), and possess the ability to maintain a healthy working relationship in an open environment with all levels of the local/central organization
• Other duties as assigned
• A Bachelor's Degree is required
• A minimum of 1-3 years of digital content creation experience
• A passion for podcasts and general knowledge of the podcast creators, most popular podcasts and new releases
• Flexibility to work nights/weekends as needed (news doesn't stop at 5 PM)
• Experience writing all podcast content or reviews content, ranging from releases to topical/evergreen lists to opinion pieces
• Must have excellent writing skills and the ability to tell engaging stories
• Strong self-editing skills with attention to detail in grammar, punctuation, and design layout
• Ability to own the news cycle to make judgments and react instantaneously and independently to key breaking/viral opportunities
• Audio/video editing experience is a plus
• Knowledge of high-profile sports stars and sports news is a plus
• Strong SEO knowledge and expertise
• Basic MS Office skills are required. Other systems you should have working knowledge of include Google Analytics, Chartbeat, Slack, Dataminr, as well as how to use/navigate a Content Management System
• The responsibilities, duties and skills listed above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required
To be considered for this position, please submit writing samples along with your resume.
RADIO.COM is Entercom's integrated digital platform where consumers discover and connect live with premium, curated content powered by over 235 highly rated, locally programmed radio stations and their websites, thousands of podcasts, audio on demand, and exclusive content across entertainment, music, news and sports. RADIO.COM offers anytime, anywhere access through our mobile app and website, home listening devices including Amazon Alexa, Echo and FireTV, Control4, Cortana, Google Home, Play and Chromecast, Grace Digital, Roku, and Sonos, as well as automotive dashboards and game consoles.
RADIO.COM is part of Entercom, a leading media and entertainment company, and one of the two largest radio broadcasters in the U.S.
Entercom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Entercom affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless
of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state,
or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment
opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Entercom, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Administrative Support Workers