Los Angeles, CA
Content Producer, Country Music
Are you a music fan, tapped into the latest music news, lifestyle trends and pop culture? RADIO.COM is looking for a highly motivated, creative and detail-oriented Content Producer to join our growing team.
Our music editorial team is looking for a writer to add to the Country music coverage and beyond across our network of sites, and is in search of someone who is immersed in Country music and on top of what's trending. The team needs a strong voice who can't quit consuming content and discovering music, and is ready to write about it.
The ideal candidate is a quick-thinking self-starter and resourceful writer who has a way with words and the ability to ignite conversations around the latest music news. You have a sharp instinct of what readers will engage with, are able to jump genres, and see stories beyond just the latest song and album releases, but also around human interest, viral, and lifestyle angles. You balance it all with a commitment to content analytics and thrive in a fast-paced, communication-driven team environment.
• Write, publish and distribute both original and syndicated stories across all station platforms, focusing on owned and operated properties like web/app/social
• Ensure all daily content is optimized for search
• Create content that drives audience growth and engagement, while supporting station and sales needs, when needed
• Understand reporting systems like Google Analytics and how to use data to drive audience growth
• Track content that's driving traffic and know how to maximize audience and engagement
• Strong communication with local stations to identify big-name guests, and breaking news to turn around content immediately--owning local news as opposed to being scooped
• Ability to interview artists, researching the right questions to create compelling content
• Be an effective communicator (beyond email), and possess the ability to maintain a healthy working relationship in an open environment with all levels of the local/central organization
• Other duties as assigned
• A Bachelor's Degree is required
• A minimum of 1-3 years of digital content creation experience
• A passion for Country music and general knowledge of the artists, performers and events
• Flexibility to work nights/weekends as needed (news doesn't stop at 5 PM)
• Experience writing all music content, ranging from album and song releases to topical/evergreen lists
• Must have excellent writing skills and the ability to tell engaging stories
• Strong self-editing skills with attention to detail in grammar, punctuation, and design layout
• Ability to own the news cycle to make judgments and react instantaneously and independently to key breaking/viral opportunities
• Audio/video editing experience is a plus
• Strong SEO knowledge and expertise
• Basic MS Office skills are required. Other systems you should have working knowledge of include Google Analytics and Slack, as well as how to use/navigate a Content Management System
• The responsibilities, duties and skills listed above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required
To be considered for this position, please submit writing samples along with your resume.
RADIO.COM is Entercom's integrated digital platform where consumers discover and connect live with premium, curated content powered by over 235 highly rated, locally programmed radio stations and their websites, thousands of podcasts, audio on demand, and exclusive content across entertainment, music, news and sports. RADIO.COM offers anytime, anywhere access through our mobile app and website, home listening devices including Amazon Alexa, Echo and FireTV, Control4, Cortana, Google Home, Play and Chromecast, Grace Digital, Roku, and Sonos, as well as automotive dashboards and game consoles.
RADIO.COM is part of Entercom, a leading media and entertainment company, and one of the two largest radio broadcasters in the U.S.
Entercom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Entercom affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless
of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state,
or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment
opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Entercom, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Administrative Support Workers