Board Operator/Tape Operator (WFAN/SRN)
WFAN and the CBS Sports Radio Network are looking for tape operators/board operators. As a Board Operator, you are responsible for running the control board, following station format, arranging and playing commercials and IDs according to program and commercial logs, following all applicable laws and FCC regulations. In addition, you may help administer contests, answer listener phone calls, screen listener calls for live shows, operate satellite receivers, take transmitter meter readings, conduct EAS tests, etc. This is a critical role in the on-air execution of the station. Board operators may also be responsible for monitoring and log keeping for an additional radio station. As a Tape Operator, you will edit play-by-play highlights and interviews using a digital editing program.
Board operators must have:
• Minimum of two years experience as a radio board operator; preferably at a sports talk radio station/network
• You must have experience with a digital operating system (Media Touch, Audio Vault, Enco or Profit)
• Must be a team player, computer savvy and have the flexibility to work different shifts, including weekends, overnights and holidays, if required
• Minimum Education Level: Associate
• A valid driver's license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of applicant's own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb7e5e-3-226-72-118-42 in your application.