Associate, Production Finance - Original Studio Film
Los Angeles, CA
• Perform all aspects of month-end close including JE's and GL variance analysis/reconciliation.
• Review, investigate, follow-up and correct errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
• Prepare monthly account reconciliation with detailed notes.
• Develop analyses; download and manipulate large volumes of data for said analyses.
• Effectively communicate in staff meetings status of account balances, variances and specific account information.
• Administer all payroll and human resource-related functions.
• Prepare and process the semi-monthly payroll.
• Perform new hire and termination processing.
• Maintain the HRIS system.
• Track employee attendance.
• Assist employees with benefit enrollment and changes.
• Manage OSHA and workers compensation compliance.
• Prepare job postings and maintain the applicant tracking system.
• Ensure Sarbanes-Oxley compliance with regard to payroll/HRIS systems.
• Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.
• Foster a positive work environment at all times.
• Special assignments include managerial reports, corporate projects and assistance with financial planning.
• Other payroll and accounting duties as assigned.
2+ years of p revious accounting functions with some payroll and human resource administration experience is required. Working knowledge of labor law and regulatory reporting requirements required. Excellent customer service skills are required; must be organized and detail-oriented. Strong verbal and written communication skills are required. Must have p rior computer experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office; Oracle human resource information system experience is desirable. 4-year college degree preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk, hear, stand, sit, walk, use hands, reach with hands/ arms and manipulate a computer keyboard. May occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Job requires a majority of the workday to be spent sitting and typing at computers.
First/Mid Level Officials and Managers