New York, NY
Frieze is looking for a full-time Senior Editor to join our content division in New York and oversee print and web columns.
At Frieze, editors work collaboratively across offices in New York, London and Berlin to produce essays, profiles, interviews, video and live events that elevate artist's voices and the stories they want to tell. While remaining attuned to the uniqueness of the arts landscape, frieze editors strive to bring the stories that emerge from galleries, museums and studios to general audiences, using language that balances literary flair with academic rigor. Across its publications and digital platforms, Frieze editors elevate the provocative, brilliant and leading voices who shape – and challenge – today's art world.
The Senior Editor will be central to frieze's editorial vision, helping to galvanize our audience through great writing, storytelling and public programming. The Senior Editor will coordinate with the editor-in-chief and other editors, as well as the production, design and marketing teams to oversee and execute columns in print and online, as well as related web and in-person projects for audiences around the world. This individual will continuously invigorate short form writing on the website and the print columns, which are organized thematically, with dynamic voices and fresh ideas, and always with an eye on developing our audience. This person will also be expected to represent the magazine at events around the US, especially New York and Los Angeles.
- Conceive and execute editorial projects – including but not limited to print and web columns, public conversations and video – that excite arts audiences while expanding our editorial reach.
- Collaborate across divisions of frieze to produce dynamic editorial packages for multiple platforms, including frieze.com and social media, frieze magazine, Frieze Week, Frieze Masters.
- Discover new voices from around the world that expand the magazine's reach while cultivating relationships with existing artists and writers.
- Work across the content division to produce ambitious, collaborative editorial projects.
- A number of years' experience as an editor in arts, culture and news publications, with experience collaborating across digital and print media.
- A strong, demonstrable commitment to telling the most compelling and engaging stories in the arts around the world – and across platforms.
- A record of working across media to create print and web features of varying lengths and formats with multimedia assets.
- A knack for generating great ideas for short, timely articles, with leading and emerging artists and writers.
- Acute attention to detail, veracity and quality.
- A desire to work regularly with colleagues seated in multiple time-zones.
Salary & Benefits
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Frieze is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion or belief.
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Endeavor is a global entertainment, sports and content company, home to the world’s most dynamic and engaging storytellers, brands, live events and experiences. The company is comprised of industry leaders including entertainment agency William Morris Endeavor (WME); sports, fashion, events and media company IMG; and premier mixed martial arts organization UFC. The Endeavor network specializes in talent representation; marketing and licensing; content development, distribution and sales; event management; and a number of direct-to-consumer offerings.