Endeavor is a global media and entertainment company with world-class brands and capabilities across talent representation, sports, fashion, event management, and brand marketing. Comprised of industry leaders including entertainment agency WME; sports, fashion, events, and media company IMG; and premier mixed martial arts organization UFC, Endeavor likely plays a significant role in the content you love and the experiences and events that you never forget. Our companies and represented talent and brand clients collectively reach billions of passionate fans, directly, every single day.
Our Digital group sits at the intersection of technology, content, and talent, operating scaled businesses, and creating new direct-to-consumer offerings with the world's best creative talent and brands at the center. We are a team of strategists, product managers, designers, engineers, marketers, and data scientists focused on building cutting-edge products that help shape the future of media and entertainment.
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to assist in building a team of 6-8 engineers and guiding its efforts. This unique opportunity sits within our Marketplaces team which is focused on direct to consumer experiences, operating as an internal incubator. You'd be part of defining new lines of business and demonstrating what is possible. Intrapreneurial minds especially need apply.
This position has the opportunity to be fully remote/distributed.
Who You Are
• You have 3 + years of experience in the field of software engineering management and 6 + years as a software engineer (some experience managing
or leading teams less formally considered)
• Deeply appreciative of all the elements of successful collaboration, acting as a partner, collaborator and broker of understanding
• You can point to projects that left lasting value for other companies
• You have a command of various programming languages, services and tools such as Node.js, ReactJS, Postgres, AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, but most importantly you are comfortable identifying, learning and using the right tool for the situation.
• You have familiarity with ReactJS and the complimentary serverside technologies like Nest/Next/Apollo / G raph QL
or similar fairly well , and you know the value of using T ype S cript in building reliable systems.
• You have strong solution architecture skills and a passion for building high quality applications
• You love helping others work
out the underpinnings of novel product offerings
• You thrive in the collaborative environment while relishing the opportunity to contribute to problem solving with your own focused and proactive work .
What you'll do
• Take ownership of the technical aspects of our products, ensuring an arc toward excellence in the craft and the delight
our customers , while always ensuring the important high level questions have been asked
• Lead and grow a team of software engineers to ensure
onboarding and mentoring lead to an ability to feel helpful rapidly, know that their long term aspirations are considered, and that their feedback will be heard and acted upon
• Contribute to the d esign, implement ation , and operat ion of stable, scalable, low cost applications
• Define and implement best practices and frameworks to facilitate higher code quality and faster time to market
• Collaborate cross-functionally with product, design, QA/DevOps and Marketing
• Ensure applications meet the highest of expectations across performance, latency, scalability and compliance , while tending to the important work of keeping documentation up to date, and test suites in a state that they lend confidence to
• Verify that software is documented to ensure coworkers and customers can maximize its value .
• Support an environment that is psychologically safe, where feedback that helps us be better team members can flow freely and kindly by conducting retrospectives and blameless postmortems to facilitate continuous improvement .
Endeavor is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information.
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4j7x7-3-235-179-111-42 in your application.