Sorry! Looks like this position has been filled by the employer and the listing was closed on 03/25/2023
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
About the Role:
The Merchandise Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of merchandise sales and operations for Emo Nite. This includes developing and implementing merchandise strategies, trend forecasting, managing inventory, coordinating merch shipments to Emo Nite events, and analyzing sales data along with market trends to inform future merchandise decisions. The Merchandise Manager will work closely with the marketing and creative teams to ensure that merchandise aligns with the overall brand and goals of Emo Nite. This role will report to the Director of Operations.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement merchandise strategies to drive sales and increase brand awareness
- Manage inventory and stock levels to ensure that merchandise is available for sale at all times and that inventory is accurate
- Collaborate with the marketing team to ensure that merchandise aligns with the overall brand and goals of the company
- Manage relationships with vendors and suppliers to negotiate pricing and secure new merchandise
- Oversee the fulfillment of online and in-store orders by our warehousing partner, including shipping and handling
- Maintain accurate records of merchandise sales and inventory
- Research upcoming trends and advise creative & marketing teams on strategies for upcoming drops based on trend forecasts
- Use existing merch sales data to advise team on new products, drop schedules, sales programs, etc.
- Project manage any merch related events or partnerships such as pop up shops, collaborations, etc.
- Advance merch with Production Manager & reps for touring parties as well as festival dates, keeping inventory counts in mind for all orders
- Reviewing merch sales and inventory from each touring party for accuracy, as well as noticing trends and building reports
- Liaise with merch company to ensure that merch inventory is always stocked and that Shopify store is always updated and accurate
- Implement and maintain internal systems to track merch inventory and orders from franchise partners
- Brainstorm and coordinate merch drop schedule and liaise with merch company to ensure pieces are produced on time for each drop
- Create long term strategies for merchandise including creating & owning a production calendar, helping to project production and product lines at least 8 months in advance of drop dates
- Maintain a keen understanding of consumer and market trends
- Collaborate, ideate and refine merchandise products’ construction, fit, materials, and overall cost
- Build out & implement influencer seeding program for merch around each drop
- Find, maintain and coordinate a list of graphic designers, apparel designers to work with regarding up to date imagery and products for merch
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, or a related field
- 2-5 years of experience in merchandise management, preferably in the music industry
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in inventory management software
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven interest and understanding of merchandise market trends
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Interest in Emo Nite and the music industry overall
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-reb6w0-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.
Salary Range: $50,000 to $60,000 Per Year ($ USD)
If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to Caro with the subject line "Emo Nite Merchandise Manager."
Insider Members Only
Our Insider Members get a First Look Preview of all new jobs for 48 hours.
Non-members can view this posting for FREE in:
Insider Members Only
The Save Posting feature is available to Insider Members Only.
Our Insider Membership is for anyone looking for that extra edge over the competition.
It’s a monthly membership (you can cancel any time) and gives you advantages like:
- First Look: See job listings 48 hours before they go live to the public site
- Job Mapping: See at a glance where jobs are located
- Daily Alerts: Wake up to a list of jobs that meet your preferences
- Track applications, save resumes to your profile, and more!