Los Angeles, CA
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Data Analyst
A little bit about our team:
The The Data Analytics team at Elektra Music Group (EMG) is a fast-paced and collaborative team operating within the Elektra umbrella working to identify and sign emerging artists. This team works with all labels attached to EMG, including Elektra, Fueled By Ramen, dta, Roadrunner, Low Country Sound and Public Consumption. This role will be working with the whole Elektra Music Group A&R team.
Why this could be your next big break:
As a Data Analyst at Elektra Music Group , you will be innovating to shape the future of a major record label. Thanks to your ability to draw data driven insights, you will have an invaluable voice in Elektra's decision-making process when it comes to deciding who to sign as the next generation of ground-breaking, thought-shifting artists.
Here you'll get to:
In a typical week you'll work on a range of projects, including things like:
(1) Collaborating closely with Elektra's A&R team as well as with cross-functional data partners to ensure complete visibility of the broader music landscape at all times.
(2) Building models to predict artist performance in the long and near terms
(3) Play a key role in innovating to build Elektra's central data & analytics ecosystem
(4) maintaining and examining daily reports to uncover new potential artist signings
• You have a strong quantitative and/or technical academic background, such as Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Finance, or Physics, OR equivalent professional experience
• You have 2+ years of experience in a data analytics and/or data science role using quantitative tools to drive business decisions
• You have hands on experience gathering data, building reports, and conducting exploratory data analysis in python
• You have experience building predictive models of types such as regression, decision trees, neural networks, OR time series forecasting models OR valuation models including discounted cashflow and comparable company analysis
• You have a track record of building strong relationships with cross-functional partners
• You are a self-starter with strong time management skills that allow you to excel in a fast-paced day to day environment while progressing on big picture, longer term projects
• You have a passion for music and seek to understand the cultural and business dynamics that surround it
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• A working knowledge of SQL, with confidence in ability to navigate joins, subqueries, and window functions
• Hands on experience gathering data from rest APIs and via web scraping
• Direct experience working within AWS environments (S3, EC2, Redshift) or equivalent cloud computing solutions
• A working knowledge of database engineering and architectural best practices
• A proven track record of new artist discovery across musical genres
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4yy07-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.