DreamWorks Animation is looking for more adventurous dreamers who shoot for the moon. We tell stories about the journeys our unconventional heroes take to make dreams come true. As a growth-minded studio, we pride ourselves on being one of the world's leading producers of high-quality, award-winning, animated films and series, reaching consumers around the globe. We push to feel more, laugh more, and build immersive new worlds.
DreamWorks creates a diverse array of original content in a variety of formats, delivering compelling stories with unique characters. We place tremendous value on the experiences our talent brings to the table from their own non-traditional paths to success. We believe in frequent communication and that transparency and trust yield the best work. We are a community of artists, technologists, innovators, and creators, who are passionate about animation and also happen to love eating lunch together.
If you are part of the fandom and believe teamwork makes the dream work, join us in #livingthedream and #doingyourdreamwork!
''What would you say you do here?''
• Create artwork that informs the early story and visual development process and well as the production process once the look of picture is defined.
• Work under the guidance of a Production Designer and Art Director to generate artwork related to characters, environments, backgrounds, costume and prop design.
• Support the Story, Modeling, Surfacing, Matte Painting and Layout departments on design specifics required for establishing locations and cameras.
• Ensure all timelines are met.
• Communicate progress of work to production staff.
''What do I need to have in order to do this job?''
• Ability to think and design from concept to finish independently.
• Strong understanding of design principles and color theory.
• Collaboration within a team of artists.
• Solid time-management skills.
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal/DreamWorks Animation worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
''What can I offer?''
• Proficiency in Photoshop, knowledge of Maya and/or ZBrush a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re47z2-18-232-177-219-42 in your application.