Director, Acquisitions and Licensing
The Vice President Business Affairs attorney for TV Animation will be responsible for negotiating above-the-line agreements for kids and adult animated TV series and other content produced by DWA and its affiliated entities, including agreements for creators, writers, executive producers, voice actors and consultants. The attorney will be expected to be able to present, develop, and guide deal negotiations through to closure.
• Negotiate above-the-line agreements for TV series, TV movies and other TV productions developed and/or produced by DreamWorks Animation Television and its affiliated entities.
• Review contracts drafted by production attorneys to ensure compliance with deal terms.
• Draft and distribute memos summarizing deal parameters.
• Maintain relationships with internal clients, attorneys, agents and other representatives in the entertainment community.
• Advise and interface with all key company departments, including production, development, accounting, finance, labor and employment, marketing, consumer products, insurance, tax, distribution, trademark, and clearance teams on matters related to animated TV productions.
• Minimum of 10 years relevant experience in a motion picture studio, production company, network, law firm, or related entity.
• Member of California Bar.
• JD from accredited law school.
• Proven experience in drafting and negotiating television and/or other entertainment contracts is required.
• Ability to successfully influence and communicate at all levels and across business units, in a heavily matrixed environment.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and work under deadline.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to handle and track a high-volume workload.
• A self-motivated, proactive attorney capable of working both autonomously and as a member of a team in a fast-paced entertainment environment.