At DreamWorks Animation Television, our CG Supervising Producer will work closely with the series Executive Producers, Line Producer and Art Director in overseeing all aspects of development, pre-production, assets, overseas production and post-production for CG TV series.
DreamWorks Animation Television has an exciting new opportunity for a CG Supervising Producer to join its team based in Glendale, CA. This position is covered by the Animation Guild.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee and guide production to ensure CG look and feasibility of show
• Communicate to VP of Animation Production, Director of Animation Production, Executive Producers, Line Producer, and HUB Leadership regarding the status of work and any problems that may arise
• Present possible solutions to production problems
• Ensure desired quality and style of show is met within the parameters of the show's network-approved schedule and budget
• Attend and contribute to all relevant production meetings. (scripts, Storyboard handout/pitch, Animatic reviews, design handouts, Design Tech checks, Modelpack reviews, Anim Review, and Post)
• Assist with special projects as necessary.
• This could include but is not limited to main title, title cards, press art, style guide, tool kit and any network requests
• Work closely with Hub Line Producer and Show Line Producer to ensure that asset construction stays on schedule and within the scope of the show.
• Work with the Supervising Director and Animation Supervisor to review storyboard artists' work to ensure quality, do ability and style of show is met.
• Thoroughly review storyboards to guarantee they are CG ready
• Ensure all notes on storyboards, animatics and models are properly addressed.
• Review animatics at all stages in a timely manner, giving notes, guidance and revisions when necessary
• Identify opportunities for reuse of existing assets
• Problem solve and find solutions when necessary
• Communicate regularly with overseas studio regarding status of work
• Ensure overseas studio consistently adheres to quality and style of show
• May require a visit to overseas studios to review work being done on premises
• Attend and contribute to initial picture edit and subsequent edits with an eye towards helping ensure stage appropriateness and do ability of retakes
• Work with the creative team to review and approve retakes within parameters of the show's retake allowance and schedule
• Work with the Animation Supervisor to ensure that all creative retake materials are completed and sent to overseas studio in a timely fashion
• Potentially attend color correction sessions
• Strong time and resource management skills
• Solid leadership and communication skills
• On-the-fly problem solving ability
• Solid knowledge of all facets of the animation process
• Strong visual and structural storytelling skills
• Ability to multitask and work well under pressure
• Knowledge of or willingness to learn applicable design software and hardware
• 5 – 7 years supervisory experience in CG TV animation preferred
• Experience in Animation direction is preferred
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpx9bx-34-207-247-69-42 in your application.