Character Design Lead
At DreamWorks Animation Television, our Effects Artist works closely with the Lead Effects Artist to design and execute high quality effects that align with the production's schedule and creative vision of the series.
DreamWorks Animation Television has an exciting new opportunity for an Effects Artist to join its team. This position is covered by the Animation Guild.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Design, animate, light, and composite high quality effects utilizing Maya, Houdini, and Nuke
• Design, setup, organize, and document reusable FX rigs for Partner Studio(s)
• Create reusable Nuke gizmos to work with corresponding FX rigs
• Work with DreamWorks TV's in-house CG team and the FX team(s) at our Partner Studio(s) to develop and implement FX setups that achieve the approved look and expectations of show Creative Leadership.
• Create or aid in the creation of Python tools as needed
• Optimize setups for efficient rendering
• Document workflows and processes using Camtasia video and Publisher software
• Ensure all deliverables are completed on time and according to production standards
• Create In-Asset FX that live in reusable asset files. Some examples are Pools, Waterfalls and Oceans.
• Strong understanding of Maya dynamics; knowledge of rigid bodies, nCloth, nParticles, fluid systems, and soft bodies
• Extensive understanding of Houdini and Houdini Engine
• Experience with the Phoenix Plug-In for Maya
• Knowledge of Python scripting
• Strong background in rendering
• Knowledge of V-Ray and building shading networks
• Experience in advanced compositing utilizing Nuke
• Strong aesthetic for lighting, composition, and color
• Strong understanding of animation and timing
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and enjoys working in a team environment
• Ability to work in a fast-paced production environment
• At least 3 years of experience working within a 3D production pipeline in television animation, feature animation, VFX, and/or video games
• Knowledge of Particle Illusion preferred
• Experience working with effects stock footage libraries a plus
• Experience with asset management software, Shotgun preferred
• Bachelor's Degree preferred