At DreamWorks Animation Television, our Directors lead an episodic storyboard team to ensure that the style, vision, and creative ambitions for the storyboards are met for each of their assigned episodes. Working closely with the Storyboard Artists and Revisionists, our Directors are also providing guidance and mentorship to their team. Directors also collaborate with the Animatic Editors t o deliver animatics that meet the style and pacing of the show.
DreamWorks Animation Television has exciting new
opportunities for Directors to join its team on an exciting CG show. This position is covered by the Animation Guild. We are seeking candidates who are familiar with the animation pipeline and experienced in drawing storyboards .
• Collaborate with the Supervising Producer to discuss creative ambitions and producibility for each episode
• Prepare for and lead storyboard handouts by communicating storytelling direction, design requirements, and expected level of polish to the Storyboard team
• Participate in storyboard reviews and provide clear notes for revisions
• Evaluate the continuity and quality of all storyboards and punch up the storyboards and/or animatics as needed
• Review animatics with Animatic Editors to direct pacing
• Provide status updates, troubleshoot, and review potential changes on a regular basis with production staff
• Participate in the talent acquisition process with the Line Producer to review portfolios and tests, interview candidates, and provide detailed feedback
• Mentor and support the Storyboard team and cultivate positive team morale
• Strong drawing skills with a demonstrated sense of storytelling, staging, composition, and character acting
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proven ability to meet deadlines and keep a team on schedule
• Advanced knowledge of Storyboard Pro and Photoshop
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment
• At least 5 years of experience as a Storyboard Artist working in television animation
• Prior Storyboard Directing experience
• Bachelor degree preferred
• Ideal candidates will be able to provide storyboard samples
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnkpzo-3-226-72-118-42 in your application.