Animation Feature - Crowds Artist
The Cycle Animator is a crucial role in the Crowds Department, creating animation that will be propagated throughout crowd elements in shots small and large. Animation is to be done on a variety of characters depending on a project's needs. A Cycle Animator needs to have a keen sense of performance that both stands out in quality and grasps the interactions necessary when duplicated into large groups.
• Creates additional single-use animation to be used on promoted background characters.
• Cycles to be used on background generic characters fulfilling the shows needs and must maintain a high standard of quality.
• Works closely with the Crowds Supervisor and Head of Character Animation to create needed performances.
• Understands the technical requirements of a crowd system and works well with the concepts of looping and transitioning animation.
• An enthusiasm towards animation for crowds
• Submission of a demo reel that displays mastery of character mechanics and emoting character personality in CG
• Solid understanding of animation software like Maya
• Must be willing to work in Glendale, CA
• Experience working with Cycle Animation
• 2+ years of professional CG experience preferred
• Character Performance experience a plus