• Work with Production Designer and Art Director in developing the personality of the characters and the look of the film within their area of specialty.
• Assist the Production Designer and Art Director in executing the artistic decisions on the film within their area of specialty.
• Able to cover for the Art Director whenever necessary.
• Demonstrate strong conceptual ideas and visual creativity to interpret characters from 2D into 3D art models.
• Provide inspirational artwork and research early in the films' process.
• Provide supplemental artwork to clarify the artistic intent during production.
• Generate 2D or 3D artwork in any or all of the following areas: character, costume and textures.
• Oversee, design and deliver poses for all character design assets.
• Work with the Production Designer and Art Production Supervisor to plan the guidelines for complexity and schedule for the work within the show. Involved in the process from planning stages through final image execution.
• Partner with the Head of Character, Art Lead – Global Generics and Crowd Design, Head of Modeling, Surfacing and Animation.
• Provide direction and guidance to downstream departments to ensure a clear transfer of information.
• Deliver work to Production for their use.
• Meet with the Departments Heads and Character Taskforce to review complexity needs.
• Create a realistic bid for work.
• Work with producer to help maintain the integrity of the characters through franchise extension in styles guide, important publishing projects, theme park walk around characters etc.
Independently designs characters from concept to completion.
Strong understanding of design principles and film.
Collaborate with a team of artists.
Positive attitude and flexibly.
Strong time management skills.
Proficient in Photoshop, knowledge of Maya and/or ZBrush a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7n18k-35-172-136-29-42 in your application.