Production Assistant, Feature Animation
''What would you say you do here?''
• Responsible for shows overall production strategy, schedule and budget management, inclusive of timely and accurate production and financial reporting.
• Responsible for vetting, approval and supervision of vendor's strategy, schedule and budget to meet show goals and business plans for budget, delivery and tax rebates.
• Supervise complexity management processes that facilitate the director's vision within the overall budget and schedule.
• Build and ensure an effective process for transparent and timely communication within production, to and from the vendor and to DreamWorks executives.
• Collaborate with Producer and Frontend Associate Producer and/or Production Manager to establish shows organization and responsibility structure and supervise key creative and production leadership as appropriate.
• In partnership with vendor, define and document the productions workflow, along with the organizational and responsibility structure, identifying and empowering decisions makers before production begins and adapting as necessary.
• Responsible for partnering with Producer and Front End AP to deliver and keep inventory flowing through the pipeline in accordance with production strategy.
• Responsible for establishing a dailies process to support director vision and balance quota expectation. Attends all dailies.
• Partner with creative and production leadership to resolve productivity issues.
• Measure and assess trends against plan. Proactively provide risk assessments, options and recommendations to resolve issues.
• In partnership with vendor and DW executives establish and monitor all reporting documents internal and external, but not limited to: weekly production reports, departmental promise lists, asset readiness reports, complexity bids, production schedules, cost reports, cash flow projections.
• Involved in interviewing, hiring, training, mentoring and feedback processes partnering with studio representatives as appropriate.
• Foster a respectful and collaborative environment that celebrates accomplishments and teamwork, as well as provide timely feedback and performance management if needed.
• Collaborate with Producer and Front End Associate Producer and/or Production Manager to manage positive morale.
• Travel regularly to remote location to ensure management process and values conform to DreamWorks standards and expectations.
• Manage credits process and post mortem presentations.
• Partners with producers and vendors to meet marketing requirements.
''What do I need to have in order to do this job?''
• 5 years of experience as an Associate Producer or Production Manager with extensive experience in animation processes
• Experience managing a Vendor studio relationship is essential
• Experienced leader within a dynamic and fast-paced culture
• Excellent, shown organizational and multitasking skills with the ability to manage creative leaders while meeting the needs of the production
• Strong, confident communication skills
• Ability to interact with all levels of the company as well as external partners or guests
• Has an even temperament, a sense of humor, and is discreet with sensitive information
• Consistent track record of working well on a team and enjoys a collaborative work environment
• Proficiency in software like Microsoft Word and Excel, Gmail and ShotGrid
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal/DreamWorks Animation worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1nj5x-18-232-179-5-42 in your application.