Line Producer - Development
The Development Manager will serve as the junior executive on a number of assigned series in development. In the role, the Manager will assist the VPs on all aspects of series development including crafting and compiling notes on creative materials, coordinating look of show development, and giving substantial feedback on other creative aspects of development including writing and directing talent, casting, and music. The Manager will assist in pitch preparation and transitioning a series from development into series production when it is sold. The Development Manager is the ''keeper'' of all information for the projects in development; ensuring meetings are prepped, materials distributed, & creative discussions are moving forward. The Development Manager will help the Development Executives shepherd the creative direction of the series from bible to visual development through to pitch and sale of series. Along the way they will learn to build strong relationships by interfacing with external creative departments and numerous departments in the organization including marketing, PR, music, consumer products and casting. The Development Manager will work with the VPs to be an Ambassador for the series within the company.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide and compile notes on all written and visual development materials such as bibles, scripts, character and background art, etc.
• Manage, build, and assemble pitch deck for the series, working with internal artists and the show creators to hone the pitch and materials needed.
• Create internal presentations as needed.
• Field pitches and book submissions to ID potential new series for development.
• Read writing submissions to ID and recommend talent for development and/or series staffing.
• Once a series is greenlit, they will help to staff the series by identifying key talent for the series
• and having meetings.
• Coordinate with development production teams to manage viz dev artists.
• Attend records if needed.
• Maintain project status update document tracking the progress of series in production.
• Attend department meetings, as well as meetings with other internal departments and external talent.
• Forging relationships with managers, agents and all levels of talent (from script coordinator to executive producers and writers), which would include taking General Meetings.
• Taking outside pitches and determining if they are right for development, presenting projects of interest to VPs along with recommendations.
• Works with and directs department Coordinators to ensure that the department documents (i.e. weekly reports, one-sheets, series overviews, etc) are maintained in an orderly and accessible manner.
• Co-managing the intern selection process program
• Provides direction to the administrative assistants and coordinators and ensures that work has been distributed efficiently.
• Keep up to date on what is going on in the animation/entertainment industry.
• Special Projects assigned
• 4+ years of experience in the entertainment industry, with 2+ years of experience as a Coordinator.
• Strong writing skills
• Required technical skills: Google Mail, Microsoft Office, Proficiency in Keynote & Photoshop. Movie-editing software a plus, but not required
• Comfortable dealing with high level executives and talent, in a professional and confidential manner
• Interest in television and animation
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6z999-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.