Animation - Supervising Producer
• Assists Production Supervisor in all evolving support needs (i.e. calendar booking, updating schedules and documents, timecard processing, reviews, expense reports, scheduling and planning career development and continued training for production and artists, overtime, weekend work, meals).
• Manages day-to-day Shotgun inputs and extractions.
• Assists Production Supervisor with maintaining quotas, deadlines & inventory, ensuring departmental productivity goals are consistently met.
• Understands the department and works with Supervisor to maintain the department schedule.
• Safeguards procedures to ensure workflow from one department to the next is as seamless as possible.
• Manages the department calendar.
• Knows inventory in the department (workable / non-workable).
• Performs artist check-ins to determine status of the work in the department.
• Effectively communicates with artists regarding timelines. Directs employees in prioritizing tasks when necessary.
• Coordinates crew meetings.
• Handles requests made by crewmembers, Directors, Department Head, Production Management and Production Supervisor.
• Takes notes during rounds and distributes information to the department afterwards.
• Provides communications to the crew via email, one-on-one meetings and during crew meetings.
• Stays abreast of issues on the floor and elevates information appropriately to Production Supervisor.
• Able to navigate the intranet and asset browser. Able to pull up shots and models, using Linux, and manages technical issues during rounds and approvals. Learns the necessary computer programs and network directory system.
• Understands the pipeline and where department fits in.
• May attend production meetings and provides departmental updates.
• Contributes information for department and production evaluations as required.
• Supports studio and production directives.
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced production environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Must be willing to work in Glendale, CA
• Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel, Gmail and knowledge of production tracking databases is preferred.
• Knowledge of Linux, Maya, Shotgun, Flix, Photoshop and/or Illustrator is a plus.
• 2+ years of previous Feature Animation production experience preferred.
• Bachelor's Degree preferred.