Animation Feature - Crowds Artist
The Compositing Lead is responsible for developing tools and workflows in Nuke to hit the target visual style of the show. They will implement Nuke gizmos and plugins designed to allow artists to efficiently and effectively dial in sequence and shot creative notes. They will collaborate to deliver required compositing mattes, channels, data, etc to render as AOVs for lighting.
In addition, during the lighting production schedule, the Compositing Lead will support lighting, FX and matte painting teams with unique look development required per sequence that are compositing heavy at the discretion of the Head of Lighting.
• Leads the technical creation of Nuke gizmos and tools required for the final look.
• Interprets the creative notes from the Director, Production Designer, VFX Sup and Head of Look and works with department supervisors and leads to come up with technical solutions to achieve the desired look.
• Authors, maintains and improves show-specific compositing tools within Nuke for artists.
• Works with R&D to determine studio compositing needs.
• Coordinates with HODs and TDs to assure upstream deliveries are consistent for compositing.
• Supports, advises, educates and mentors artists around proper compositing workflows.
• Advises on and supports show Nuke templates, standards and workflows.
• Creates and maintains documentation on workflows, tools, process and procedures for compositing aspects related to the show.
• Maintains knowledge of industry-standard trends and technology in the prescribed area(s) of expertise while staying abreast of the current production workflows and tools.
• Perform creative lighting development setup as required using lighting and compositing tools
• As needed, serve as compositing point person in production specific meetings and reviews
• Initiate, setup, organize and document show specific Nuke gizmos and tools required for the final look.
• Perform technical work in support of shot compositing using various production tools
• 3+ years of Nuke experience. Proficient knowledge in compositing techniques and workflows.
• Capable of writing Nuke gizmos, plugins, nodes and associated GUIs.
• Fluent in python, BlinkScript and C++ or similar production programming languages.
• Extensive hands-on production experience with compositing tools and pipelines.
• Strong communication and collaboration skills.
• Able to interpret artistic direction to execute a final look thru compositing.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to prioritize tasks in a changing environment.
• Technically and creatively astute.