Senior Commerce Editor, Travel + Leisure
About Your Role
The Travel + Leisure team is looking for a Senior Commerce Editor. This role will be responsible for expanding and maintaining Travel + Leisure's robust evergreen commerce library, particularly the luggage and travel accessories beat. You will assign, edit, and publish roundups and monitor revenue. You'll also be expected to take part in testing both at home and at our New York lab.
This role reports to the Associate Editorial Director of T+L Commerce and works closely with Travel + Leisure's editorial team-as well as with Dotdash Meredith's Growth/SEO team-to support guidelines for updates and standards, as well as to ensure that our articles are accurate, inclusive, comprehensive, and accessible.
About Your Contributions:
• Assign, edit, update, and publish evergreen product roundups covering luggage, bags, tech, and travel accessories that are a fit for the brand and align with the site's standards and goals
• Source and onboard new writers
• Work within Looker, Skimlinks, Amazon Affiliate, and other similar reporting platforms to monitor sales
• Strategize retailers that work well for the Travel + Leisure reader and optimize content with these findings
• Prioritize day-to-day needs alongside special projects, and support your team's goals, while also taking into account organizational priorities and changes
• Manage a small team of staff writers and editors
• Report revenue and traffic to stakeholders
• Collaborate with and manage expectations of the commerce, editorial, growth, and social teams
• 4-5 years of editing and management experience at an online publisher
• A strong interest in travel
• Personal interest in finding the best travel products to enhance a trip
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• A self-starter who can pivot seamlessly as new initiatives and directives are identified and adjusts processes accordingly
• Open to new challenges and excited to grow within a fast-paced, expanding and constantly evolving organization
• Proficiency in project management tools like Google Sheets, Airtable, or similar
• CMS experience required
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
Salary: $63,000 - $90,000
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3w184-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.