Research Manager - Investopedia
The Research Manager will lead Investopedia's process for evaluating products in a wide range of consumer and business finance categories, including mortgages, banking, insurance, investing, debt management, and loans, among others.
The Research Manager leads a team of Research Analysts, who develop robust rubrics to evaluate financial service providers. The Investopedia product reviews team will use these rubrics to produce product reviews and round-ups of the best offerings in the category. You and your team will construct accurate, highly defensible rubrics to evaluate and score companies we're recommending to our readers.
The ideal candidate has demonstrated experience researching and evaluating consumer services, particularly financial products.
About the Team
Since 1999, Investopedia has helped people understand and make decisions about their personal and business finances. For the last several years, the financial products reviews team has surveyed consumers and analyzed financial product marketplaces in service of its mission to deliver the best recommendations to Investopedia's readers.
About Your Contributions
• Become an expert in financial services categories and audiences
• Partner with the editorial and compliance leaders to ensure the research process yields accurate data and recommendations, during and after the initial data collection process
• Build relationship with internal and external stakeholders involved in the research
• Write methodologies for product research and consumer surveys.
• Commission surveys of consumers who have used specific financial products
• Synthesize data to tell stories and draw out key insights
• Lead and assist financial service research as needed
• Minimum bachelor's degree in marketing, statistics, data science, or a related field.
• 2-3 years of research experience
• Strong analytical skills and experience working with large datasets.
• Deft at research and can find studies, locate data, and connect with experts that help you craft the best and most thorough methodologies for evaluating financial products
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to present findings to non-technical stakeholders.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively with cross-functional teams
• Strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
• Proficiency in Google Suite
• Proficiency with Google Sheets formulas or Excel formulas
• Self-starter who can develop scrappy solutions to solve challenges impeding your roadmap.
• Strong desire to help make people smarter in their financial lives.
It is the policy of Dotdash Meredith to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, the Company will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Accommodation requests can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary: $74,550 - $106,500
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw3zn2-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.