I. Job Summary | Major goals and objectives.
The Ad Product Design team at Dotdash Meredith Digital defines the ad products for premium brands such as People, Entertainment Weekly, Real Simple, Travel+Leisure, Health and many more. We are building engaging ad experiences that excite users and amplify the voice of our brands.
We are looking for a Product Designer to help define ad products across our portfolio of sites. In this role you work closely with the Design Director and other designers to craft cohesive design experiences. You must be collaborative in your approach to internal stakeholders, while simultaneously and vigorously championing the consumer experience.
As Product Designer at Dotdash Meredith you will be responsible for doing competitive research, designing the look and feel of various ad products and components, and refining and iterating on those ideas for various stakeholders.
• Maintaining and designing native content products to keep up with market needs, while adhering to existing expressions of visual identities for multiple brands.
• Take ownership of assigned design projects, collaborate with stakeholders and other designers, take direction from Creative/Art Directors, and follow established processes to ensure smooth delivery of creative assets.
• Taking part in meetings with Foundry designers, content strategists, etc. to understand evolving needs and to educate and guide teams on the use of our products.
• Upkeep of training resources (live page examples, figma tools, etc.)
• Collaborate closely with developers to review and QA executions of designs.
II. Essential Job Functions
Weight %: Accountabilities, Actions and Expected Measurable Results
• Use requirements, stakeholder feedback and research to produce design assets such as new ad products, CMS components, ad experiences, etc.
20%: Collaborate with Designers and Stakeholder teams
• Attend meetings with stakeholders from content strategy, design, etc.
• Attend recurring Design Team meetings and other group functions.
• Keep resources up to date with latest capabilities.
• Present design solutions and attend training sessions to help build consensus among a broad range of stakeholders.
• Participate in brainstorming and critique sessions that foster big-picture thinking while identifying opportunities to raise the bar on the details.
20%: Collaborate with Developers
• Attend daily huddles and weekly ticket refinements to stay aware of current dev work.
• Advise on ticket creation for your designs and potential design bugs.
• QA/review technical and design tickets produced by the dev team to make sure designs are executed as intended
III. Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
Bachelor's degree, or equivalent education and experience
• 2-4 years experience as a designer
• Experience with design systems
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Expert in Figma
• Understanding of UX design principles
• Understanding of accessibility standards
• Base knowledge of HTML and CSS is preferred
• CMS experience is preferred
• Self-motivated and highly-organized
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong typography skills
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite is preferred
• Publishing industry experience a plus
• A team player ready to work in a fast-paced environment
It is the policy of Dotdash Meredith to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, the Company will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Accommodation requests can be made by emailing email@example.com.
Salary: $63,000 - $90,000
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7py5k-3-239-9-151-42 in your application.