Food & Wine is seeking a Digital Photo Editor to manage the daily photo needs for Foodandwine.com. The digital Editor sources images for all daily stories, works with other teams for social assets and on the creative assets for tentpole projects. The ideal candidate will feel extremely comfortable using data and insights to help guide creative direction for the best digital user experience, will have an excellent eye for design and composition, talent for photo research, experience sourcing original photography for digital content and a passion for food and visual storytelling on digital and social platforms.
About Your Contributions:
• Manage day-to-day operations and workflow for the visual needs of the digital team, including organization/management of digital assets, visuals production and tracking assignments and tasks.
• Oversee execution of daily digital photo production, including image sourcing, processing and cropping, silhouetting images, adding templated backdrops to product images, adding templated overlays to social media images, and resizing photographs for new templates.
• Partner with internal departments, including the print creative and design teams, central digital design team, Visuals Asset Team and Dotdash Meredith Food Studios to produce high quality photography and visuals for new content and updates, as well as promotional assets.
• Oversee development of visual assets for social media platforms, including Instagram and Pinterest, and execution of regular production of such assets as needed. This may include storyboarding, organizing photo shoots and writing creative briefs.
• Collaborate with editorial, design and growth partners on visual needs and promotion planning for digital and print feature stories, spotlights and tentpole packages-including ideation, story-boarding and organizing photo shoots, as needed.
• Collaborate with editorial and internal design teams on conceptualization, design and development of brand visual identities and unique visual assets.
• Photo research and archiving, as needed.
• Manage photography budget, payments and rate card, keeping budget up to date for photography assignments.
• Collaborate with editorial and GM to identify product improvements that enhance the visual experience and storytelling of the website.
• Degree in Photography, Graphic Design or other Visual Arts preferred.
• 3-4 years working in media, digital preferred, with experience in photography and graphic design.
• High proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
• Strong visual skills, particularly in evaluating art/photography for publication from a brand/style perspective, assessing color, lighting, composition, technical qualities, etc.
• Strong understanding of the photography process from photoshoot to post-processing, and technical understanding of digital cameras and terminology.
• An eagle eye for detail and a very high level of organization and self-discipline.
• A strong attention to detail with the ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
• Proficiency in digital content workflow tools, such as AirTable, Skyword and content management systems.
• Flexibility and collaborative work is a cornerstone for how our company operates. Candidate must have a growth mindset toward new projects and challenges, and feel comfortable sharing ownership, giving and receiving feedback and working within a team structure.
• Candidate must be adept at communicating and growing relationships over Slack and Zoom while working with teams in other states, as well as in person. Strong written communication skills required.
It is the policy of Dotdash Meredith to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, the Company will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Accommodation requests can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary: $62,400 - $78,700
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rovbvp-44-200-77-92-42 in your application.