Creative Director, Dotdash Meredith Travel
Dotdash Meredith Travel Marketing is looking for a Creative Director to lead design on a robust, well-established print and digital client base. Based in Des Moines and reporting to the Editorial Content Director, this position will lead a small team of visual creators in building award-winning travel-focused branded content programs. This role is a member of our senior staff and is instrumental in keeping projects on trend, on track and on budget. The person that lands this opportunity will lead with a collaborative spirit and an energetic but professional demeanor. They will guide the team in creative brainstorms and have a bit of a competitive edge. They will always strive to over-deliver, both internally and externally. (Comfort with being client-facing is a bonus but not a must.) As a part of a growing team, the Creative Director should be prepared to continuously inspire colleagues and direct reports, as well as oversee a bench of reliable, immensely talented freelance designers and photographers. This role is a hands-on position, actively designing issues and digital experiences, as well as helping craft new business pitches as requested. We are looking for someone with stand-out creative, technical and professional skills who is also prepared to get their hands dirty in every step as needed.
• Thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Be accountable, organized and goal-oriented
• Have respect for budgets and co-leaders and be flexible to client needs, with an open mind and level-headed perspective
• Communicate directly, thoroughly and transparently with the team, including editorial counterparts
• Establish and maintain timelines
• Lead the design for print and digital destination travel clients, maintaining cohesive visual and thematic styles for a large variety of projects and campaigns
• Be a positive force for Dotdash Meredith Travel Marketing internally and externally in client-facing opportunities
• Build branded content programs that align with DDM's portfolio of brands and custom content programs that support client needs
• Proactively engage in tourism marketing trends, technology and design packaging, never settling for the same
• Track internal and external successes.
• Assist in creating visually arresting pitches for clients and agencies
You Should Have:
• Experience with branded content and direct-to-client creative
• Lifestyle photography production experience; within the travel and tourism vertical is a bonus
• Management experience in print and digital publishing
• Video experience is a bonus
• Experience pitching to clients is a bonus
• Impeccable attention to detail and rad organization skills
• A curiosity to learn about and showcase a variety of destinations
• A desire to share in both the hard work and the success
• Experience reinventing and developing multi- or cross-platform brands
You Can Expect:
• A direct environment that respects your contributions and a hard work ethic
• A small but immensely talented team
• A variety of creative challenges to tackle, spanning the design of industry-leading print travel guides, photo direction, video production, social content, brand evolution and reinvention, digital branded content and more
• To dive in wherever needed, regardless of job description, with a willingness to learn, grow and pivot
It is the policy of Dotdash Meredith to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, the Company will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Accommodation requests can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpoq90-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.