I. Job Summary | Major goals and objectives.
The Corporate Accountant will oversee the day-to-day general accounting for Synapse's corporate accounting team. The Corporate Accountant will be responsible for ensuring that all necessary entries have been recorded including but not limited to revenue, expenses, accruals, prepaids, deferred income, eliminations, and all related balance sheet reconciliations. The Corporate accountant will also serve as a backup for other roles within the corporate accounting team. This position is instrumental in meeting Company close deadlines and includes a variety of functions including interaction with departments across the Company.
II. Essential Job Functions
Accountabilities, Actions and Expected Measurable Results
• Supervising the accounting team and assuring that all entries are recorded by the deadlines outlined by corporate
• Reviewing and posting all necessary journal entries in Projects and General Ledger
• Reviewing and approving all balance sheet account reconciliations
• Reviewing quarterly packages for Accounts Receivable, Deferred Income and Inventory
• Identifying any risks in existing processes
• Approving invoices processed in Markview
• Ensuring all related party balances have been properly eliminated
• Working with internal and external auditors' requests and completing required controls related to the responsibilities listed above
• Assist with monthly forecasting, when necessary
• Provide insight into MD&A quarterly flux analysis
• Performing other functions and projects as assigned
III. Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
Bachelor's degree is Accounting or Finance or related experience in an equivalent field
2+ years of accounting experience preferred.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Self-driven, motivated, and goal oriented, with the ability to work well in a team environment
• Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills, with the ability to work and communicate effectively within all levels of the organization
• Proven creative problem-solver, with good attention to detail and ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision in a deadline-oriented environment
• Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, with the ability to quickly collect, organize, interpret, analyze and present financial data in an accurate and concise manner
• Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize under tight timeframes
• Understanding of basic accounting principles
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Inquisitive nature to assist in acquiring a deep understanding of the business transaction flow and systems
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to handles confidential information and keep customer and company data confidential.
• Proficient in Excel and knowledge of the rest of Microsoft Office Suite
• Oracle Financial, Hyperion and MicroStrategy systems experience preferred, but not required
It is the policy of Dotdash Meredith to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, the Company will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Accommodation requests can be made by emailing email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r15j1y-34-239-154-201-42 in your application.