The Vice President, Studio Planning & Operations will develop an innovative strategy to drive future growth and sustainability, ensure operational excellence, challenge the status quo of every department, and lead the Events/Environments teams and other critical projects.
This role will play an integral role in driving the successful creation of animated shows across Disney Channels and Disney+. At Disney TV Animation. We are a creative community of visual storytellers who celebrate and embrace the magic of Disney.
Studio Business Planning
• Challenge the status quo of every department; develop an innovative strategy to drive future growth and sustainability given the increased volume as a content supplier to Disney Branded Television and Disney+
• Create historical data and metrics for more accurate forecasting and benchmarks
• Create and drive studio strategy to achieve KPI and business objectives
• Studio logistics and future space planning
• Work across all business partners to ensure best practices across the Enterprise
Production Partner Strategist
• Partner with Production and Production leadership team in analyzing 3rd party vendors for future business opportunities (i.e., make/buy analysis, alliances, production credits, and tax incentives)
• Partner with production in exploring Disney Branded Television best practices, i.e., collaborate on tax incentives, production incentives, etc., all other available measures to help reduce costs for the studio
• Work in close partnership with Production Finance in educating producers on their production budgets, scenario planning, analysis and insight that will help advise TVA leadership on solutions to challenges
Culture and Events
• Oversee all studio activities targeting employee engagement, retention and culture development in direct partnership with HR and ensure resources are aligned with overall strategic objectives for DTVA and Disney Channels.
• Oversee the Operations team as well as the Events team
• Set goals for team, lead and develop members, and align to the studio's many efforts
• Manage cultural initiatives against Disney Branded Television initiatives to ensure the studio invests wisely and stays on budget
• Manage special projects, events and presentations as required
• Significant experience in a production animation company or studio
• Extensive experience and knowledge of pre-production, production and post-production
• An experimental, risk-taking mindset: must be open to thinking outside of traditional television formats and the traditional linear television model
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; establish effective relationships at all levels of the organization; have a problem-solving approach; be highly self-motivated, well-organized, and have a strong work ethic
• 10+ years of animation production
• Experience managing creative teams in a high-pressure environment
• Authentic passion for children's programming
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roxj81-54-80-173-217-42 in your application.