The Walt Disney Company's Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) is a new, global business segment for The Walt Disney Company with the mission of providing consumers around the world access to the content they want most, on the latest platforms, at a time of rapidly-evolving consumer habits. Combining the Company's direct-to-consumer streaming services - ESPN+, Disney+ and Hulu - alongside Disney's international media businesses, DMED aligns cutting-edge technology with world-class content and beloved brands to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver highly-personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world.
The VP, Slate Management will be responsible for internal partnerships related to creative content slate planning and pipelines, partnering closely with DMED Programming, data, CP&A, and finance teams. Tracks all content opportunities for Disney+ throughout lifecycles. Establishes programming intent for Originals in partnership with executive leadership, international partners, and programming and operations teams. Responsible for the creative details of content being entered and managed in appropriate systems. Partners closely with Disney+ Programming to optimize content pipeline. Represents Disney+/Star/Star+ in conversations with creative leadership across TWDC to discuss development plans, content slots, and creative decisions that could have an impact on timing and performance on Disney+. Establish new processes, procedures, and methods that improve slate planning outcomes.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in development, content planning, and/or programming strategy
• Executive leadership experience in a highly-matrixed global media organization is a must
• Must have experience running effective teams consisting of multiple disciplines
• Needs to be highly competent in leveraging data and insights to make sound business decisions around content for direct-to-consumer platforms.
• Proven ability to synthesize financial data with creative inputs to yield strategic insights for programming decisions.
• Proven experience multi-tasking and prioritizing multiple demands at once
• Strong ability to create and deliver presentations that effectively communicate solutions and proposals to internal and external clients
• Demonstrated attention to detail
• Needs to be an effective, collaborative, communicator, with an ability to lead through influence rather than by hierarchy.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.