The design team at Disney is at the forefront of creating intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that our fans love and crave. We strive to design high-quality end-to-end experiences while maintaining an inclusive and collaborative culture. To us, team-fit and attitude are as important as hard design skills.
Technology Design is the unified design org for 90+ customer-facing websites/apps and hundreds of enterprise products in the Disney organization. We are the storytellers responsible for adding 'something special' to our consumers' experience every day through exciting design, artwork, branding and UX globally. We are responsible for driving the product design, user experience, creative direction, production design, motion design, service design, UX copywriting, UX research and UX engineering. It is our job to create a framework that delivers consistent, creative and innovative user experiences for people – whether they are using Disney's consumer-facing products, or the platforms, products and tools that help power our business. Crucially, how we do that work must be both imaginative and efficient, allowing us to also free our team devote energy to using design to drive innovation.
The consumer portfolio we get to design for includes many of the most trusted and beloved brands in the world, such as Disney, Marvel, National Geographic and Star Wars. These are great products, and our charge is to always imagine ways to make them even better; to deliver happiness and magical moments through artistry and inventive design, reinforcing the emotional connection between consumers and Disney's brands. The enterprise portfolio we are responsible for is also critically important – and our colleagues, partners and businesses will be relying upon us to bring the same kind of imagination, ease and consistent excellence to those experiences.
International Design Team
Within News & Entertainment, International Design is a team of designers, video producers, and one engineer/developer, who together are responsible for delivering design solutions and localized content to our EMEA based sites and services. The team works closely with our partners in News & Entertainment, and collaborate often with the UX Engineering team, a group of design-focused engineers who bring designs to life, and who bridge the gap between Design and Engineering solutions.
A User Experience Developer at Disney is a creative problem solver, who collaborates closely with design, editorial and engineering teams, to develop first-class product solutions for our key brands, including Disney and National Geographic. They will advise on best practices, ensuring that any development is in line with the wider company thinking. They will work on multiple projects simultaneously, and for each project, assume responsibility for the timely delivery of HTML and CSS to our technical partners. They will have a keen eye for detail and are passionate about delivering solutions that work seamlessly across all platforms. In addition to working on our web products, they may be asked to create high-fidelity prototypes, proofs-of-concept, and MVPs for web and mobile. The developer will be an active and vocal member of the design team, collaborating closely with engineering colleagues in Design Services to ensure a consistent approach, as well as being a proactive and communicative link to our technical colleagues in Madrid, who manage the platforms for local products.
This is a 6-month contract, based in our Madrid Office 4 days a week.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Collaborate closely with design & editorial teams, helping to assess local product needs and advising on effective solutions
• Build and deliver effective engineering solutions, primarily in HMTL & CSS, that works seamlessly across platforms, and with a deep appreciation of the original design thinking
• Develop close and effective relationships with UX engineer partners in the wider design team, to ensure consistent approaches to development solutions
• Develop a regular communication stream with our technical partners in Madrid who manage our product platforms and services
• Design and develop high fidelity prototypes for responsive web applications when required
• Design, architect and build libraries supporting a Platform approach to design when required, leveraging existing Design Systems
• Provide design knowledge and technical expertise across the proof-of-concept lifecycle
• Identify and execute opportunities for end-user testing and feedback in partnership with design team members
• Present prototype progress and ideas to partners and stakeholders
As an applicant to this role, we ask that your portfolio demonstrates:
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject
• Experience crafting high quality experiences for web
• Expert understanding of user-centered design principles and best practices
• Expert understanding of adaptive, responsive, and fluid UI layout concepts
• Expert in knowledge in UI Development best practices
• Experience creating and leveraging design systems and component libraries
• Knowledge and experience working with design tools including Figma, Sketch, and Adobe CS
• Self-motivated, problem solver with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Hungry for innovation, eager to challenge the status quo
About Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology:
Disney Entertainment and ESPN Technology (DE&E Technology) provides the technological backbone and product development for Disney's two media business units, while helping to keep the company at the vanguard of innovation – enabling the Company to continuously leverage technology to enhance storytelling and creativity, while delivering scalability, flexibility, and efficiency for its businesses.
This position is with TWDC Iberia S.L, which is part of a business we call Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj4wbe-34-239-154-201-42 in your application.