The Disney Streaming Services Transmission Engineering group provides 24 hour operations, with tier 1 and tier 2 support for various broadcast systems. Transmission Engineers operate from the Transmission Operation Center, managing all A/V transmission paths into our data centers. Engineers also monitor and analyze the delivery of all A/V transmission to our partners. Candidates should have an eagerness to learn and adapt to new broadcast and IP technologies in order to meet our current and future needs.
Disney Streaming Services Transmission Engineers are responsible for distribution, switching, and quality control monitoring of event-based and linear acquisition signals, regardless of the format (linear television, IP, fiber, etc.). Transmission Engineers also ensure that assigned partner distribution transmission is configured and routed as ordered. They will act as technical liaison to clients and their partners to remotely troubleshoot signal issues, as well as notifying internal and external parties of signal outages. Transmission Engineers ensure all signals meet strict quality control standards and make adjustments to video, audio, captions as required. Transmission Engineers are expected to keep meticulous notes on any troubleshooting and will help to compose documentation on standard operating procedures as needed.
The work will be based out of our San Francisco office. This position will be an evening role, with a schedule that may include weekends and holidays.
• Routing and monitoring multiple A/V feeds to and from our facilities, or remotely as needed.
• Quickly identify and resolve issues in a live production environment.
• Remotely configure hardware as required for live events and linear acquisition and distribution.
• Provide professional, courteous and timely technical support.
• 2+ years in Broadcast Engineering, Transmissions, Master Control or similar work environment.
• Experience in similar fast paced environments.
• Flexible availability, including nights, weekends and holidays
• Working knowledge of SD/HD-SDI, ASI, MPEG and J2K signal types.
• Working knowledge of transmission and acquisition equipment and systems.
• Working knowledge of analog and digital audio signals.
• Knowledge of networking and TS Over IP principals.
• Experience with Evertz, Snell, Grass Valley, Ross, Ateme, Sencore and other leading manufacturers in routers, switchers and terminal gear.
• Understanding signal flows and CAD drawings.
• Some knowledge of elastic search and real-time analytics/visualizations.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9x1o4-34-204-174-110-42 in your application.