The Disney Streaming Transmission Engineering group provides a 24-hour operation, with tier 1 and tier 2 support for various broadcast systems. Transmission Engineers operate from the Transmission Operation Center (TOC) or work remotely as required by leadership, managing all A/V transmission paths into our data centers. Engineers also monitor and analyze the delivery of all A/V transmission to our external partners. Candidates should have an eagerness to learn and adapt to new broadcast and IP technologies in order to meet our current and future needs.
Disney Streaming Transmission Engineers are responsible for distribution, switching, and quality control monitoring of event-based and linear acquisition signals, regardless of the format (linear television, IP, fiber, etc.). Transmission Engineers also ensure that assigned partner distribution transmission is configured and routed as ordered. They will act as a technical liaison to clients and our partners to remotely troubleshoot signal issues, as well as notifying internal and external parties of signal outages. Transmission Engineers ensure all signals meet strict quality control standards and adjust video, audio and captions as required. Transmission Engineers are expected to keep meticulous notes on any troubleshooting and will help to compose documentation on standard operating procedures as needed.
The role will be based out of our New York office. It will be a position with a schedule that includes evenings and weekend coverage. Holiday availability may also be required.
• Routing and monitoring multiple A/V feeds to and from our facilities.
• Quickly identify and resolve issues in a live production environment.
• Remotely configure hardware as required for live events and linear acquisition and distribution.
• Provide professional, courteous and timely technical support.
• 2+ years in Broadcast Engineering, Acquisition, Transmission or similar work environment.
• Working knowledge of SD/HD-SDI, ASI, MPEG and J2K signal types.
• Working knowledge of transmission and acquisition equipment and systems.
• Working knowledge of analog and digital audio signals.
• Experience with Evertz, Snell, Ross, Ateme, Sencore and other leading manufacturers in routers, switchers and terminal gear.
• Understanding signal flows and CAD drawings.
• Some knowledge of elastic search and real-time analytics/visualizations.
• Knowledge of networking and TS Over IP principles.
• Experience in similar fast paced environments.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmwx3x-34-231-243-21-42 in your application.