The main responsibility of the Timing Supervisor is to ensure that the Director and Executive Producer's overall creative vision for the timing of the show is understood by the timing directors and sheet timers and ultimately, the studio producing the animation. The Timing Supervisor also oversees the Timing Directors and Sheet Timers, and works closely with/manages the Storyboard Revisionists and Checker as it pertains to timing work.
• Joins the Animatic Editor and Executive Producer and/or Director to review the ''first pass'' storyboard animatic to give any timing notes and suggest any changes to the edit to account for animation timing.
• Supervises the Timing director and/or Sheet Timers
• Hands out sections of the storyboards and sheets to the Timing Directors and/or Sheet Timers – gives direction, reviews their work, makes edits, etc.
• Hands out timing-related storyboard revisions, working in partnership with the Storyboard Supervisor, when applicable.
• Does sheet timing and lip assignments as necessary, or is one of the staffed Sheet Timers
• Reviews final materials and notes from the Checker and Timers and makes appropriate changes to either before shipping.
• Communicates with vendor animation studio regarding timing-related issues
• Calls out scenes to be done as pencil tests from the overseas studios and then reviews them with the Executive Producer when the footage comes back and gives notes and makes timing revisions if needed.
• Reviews Take 1 footage from overseas to see how the timing is working
• Maintains production schedule provided by Line Producer to ensure cost effective, timely production
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in Animation departments.
• Experience as an Animator or Director is a plus.
• Knowledge of Traditional Animation and CG Animation
• Ability to align with style and sensibility of show
• Positive attitude with the ability to be flexible
• Excellent organizational, verbal, written, e-social skills and acumen
• Solid and consistent time-management skills
• Strong leadership qualities with the ability to partner with Creatives, collaborate with peers, and manage and mentor others.
Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
Equal Opportunity Employer--Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3v4mx-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.