The Operations Resiliency Engineering team bridges the gap between Engineering and Operations. They use effective collaboration to break down communication barriers between partner teams, listen to and understand requirements, and deliver solutions through supporting APIs, UIs, Platforms, and real-time data processing pipelines.
Operational Resiliency Engineers partner with teams to identify and address gaps in cross-team processes and tools that are essential to support operational maturity, agility, and resiliency. OREs use full-stack engineering toolsets, a clear understanding of the problem statement, and employ constant partner feedback to execute a fast-paced and iterative development process. OREs are comfortable being dropped into unfamiliar codebases, APIs, technologies, and workflows, quickly achieving situational awareness. OREs build value for teams quickly, saving them time and energy, allowing them to focus on their critical responsibilities. Operational Resiliency Engineers improve signal-to-noise ratio of monitoring, alerting, and auto-mitigation systems through a deep relationship with operational processes - from instrumentation to deployment and runtime, all the way to incident management and resolution.
The Technical Project Manager for the Operations Resiliency Engineering (ORE) team role provides a unique opportunity for someone to join a growing, solution-architecting team building critical tools and services to ensure org-wide operational reliability, expediency and efficiency.
If you enjoy a fast-paced work environment where you maximize your engineering knowledge to improve the effectiveness and happiness of teams with varied strengths, like the challenge of unfamiliar situations, apply those situations as a learning opportunity to iteratively improve - then the ORE team is right for you!
• Manage complex, widely cross-organizational ORE team projects, own communications and tracking of technical workstreams, their milestones, dependencies, and risks
• Continuously iterate on project execution, system monitoring, and cost optimization best practices within our organization
• Report and manage capacity of ORE team, working with Product and Enterprise teams to ensure proper projects are represented on shared roadmaps and identifying capacity concerns; Work with engineering leads to identify and plan for technical advancements and improvements to software for the long term while delivering major projects
• Collaborate with project partners to help define scope and objectives, communicating requirements to development teams and TPMs; Build strong relationships with partnered engineering teams providing oversight and direction for multiple concurrent projects with separate partners simultaneously
• Establish departmental roadmap and project management processes, and be able to critique their impact and adjust for improvement; Identify, analyze, prioritize, mitigate and communicate project risks to internal and external partners
• Well-established in Technical Project Management, having 5+ years experience in the software industry with hands-on experience executing Lean and Agile software development methodologies
• Proven track record of delivering reliable, scalable, service-oriented web services.
• Have developed essential soft skills vital to the Project Manager role, including meeting leadership, communication, teamwork, collaboration, flexibility, problem-solving, critical thinking, & conflict resolution
• Have developed essential skills in collaborating with multiple engineering partners to create a cohesive roadmap, conscious of team capacity and timelines.
• Have worked across multiple teams in a technical domain and have exhibited success in leading engineering teams to consensus and clear decision
• Experienced in communicating with technical and product leadership about project risk and roadmap changes, proactively working with technical teams ways to mitigate and adjust where possible.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company's international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp0k30-44-200-74-241-42 in your application.