The Media Distribution team is looking to hire a talented Technical Project Manager to support the growing Partner Integration (PI) Engineering team. The Media Distribution team within Disney Streaming is responsible for the development, support, and management of MVPD Partner software integrations enabling third-party distribution channels for Disney+.
As a Technical Project Manager within the Media Distribution organization, you'll be responsible for managing engineering teams and operational efforts developing large-scale applications for supporting products including Disney+, ESPN+, and others. You'll also function as the interface between Product, other Engineering teams, and External Partners; participating in and facilitating coordination, alignment, roadmapping, integrations, and the overall seamless delivery of best-in-class solutions.
• You are obsessed with the delivery of quality software and process, regardless of the challenges
• You promote team synergy among project team members, and foster transparent communication
• You build strong relationships with partnered engineering, product, operations, and business teams
• You have experience in technical client-facing functions
• You display initiative and take a proactive approach at finding ways to remove barriers to move a project forward
• You are able to stay focused under pressure, prioritizing multiple work streams in a deadline driven environment
• You are constantly seeking ways to improve at every iteration, making suggestions for improvement
• You are an excellent communicator, capable of managing stakeholders in multiple disciplines across several global offices
• You have an understanding of or experience in working with the cable operator (MVPD) business model and/or related technologies
• You have an understanding of or experience in consumer application software development inclusive of related ecosystems and processes.
• Develop and maintain a project plan in order to deliver best-in-class software through the SDLC. Manage the execution of deliverables, both short and long-term, via clearly defined milestones, and timelines.
• Execute on several partner integration projects concurrently, with a remote & distributed Engineering team, while balancing competing priorities.
• Facilitate and solidify project processes and operations by creating, managing, and updating documentation, and communicating workflow expectations to relevant stakeholders.
• Keep stakeholders informed of day-to-day project statuses, updates, and risks
• Cultivate relationships across engineering and technical teams while serving directly as the end-to-end liaison
• Identify solution paths for competing requirements while managing stakeholder preferences
• Demonstrate product knowledge, and facilitate the development of requirements in consideration of known technical capabilities and limitations.
• 3+ years experience as a Technical Project Manager leading complex media, technology or product launches
• In-depth knowledge and experience running a consumer application development project through the entire SDLC
• Strong knowledge of project management processes including Agile, Kanban, Waterfall
• Experience managing large teams on complex high-profile projects, and are viewed as the ''go-to'' individual
• Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
• Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
• Experience working with remote and global teams
• Experience within the media entertainment industry is highly desirable and strongly recommended
• Scrum Master Certification (CSM) is a plus
• Experience managing operations teams is a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw75bn-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.