QA Analyst - Connected Device Applications
San Francisco, CA
We are looking for an experienced Technical Project Manager to join our Growth Engineering Offer Management Platform team. This role requires acute attention to detail, a strong sense of accountability, collaboration, technical understanding and experience managing cross workstream technology initiatives. In this role you will directly contribute to the success of our products by holding regular planning sessions, managing stakeholders, outlining strategic project deliverables and managing projects directly with engineers and other technical project managers across Disney Streaming Services.
The team is responsible for orchestrating the user flow and integrating with various other backend services during signups for Disney+ and ESPN+. We sit in the path of user registration and orchestrating the flows through various internal services to figure out right pricing based on plan type (monthly/yearly/pay-per-view/etc), eligibility for Free Trials, promotions, bundles, discounts and other offers. We are a Tier 1 service that needs to be highly available in all regions.
This is a newly formed team based out of the San Francisco office and you will be one of the
early team members. We are a fast paced and fast growing team, where you will have
influence over the services and tools built by the team. You will also have an opportunity to learn about the international landscape and challenges in the area of billing, payments, subscriptions, offers and promotions as our streaming services launch around the world over the next few years.
• Manage offer team projects end-end from concept to completion
• Build strong relationships with Offer engineering teams; running multiple concurrent projects with separate stakeholders simultaneously; cultivating relationships across engineering and product teams while serving directly as the end-to-end liaison in software development
• Create key project artifacts, outlining technical specifications, roadmaps, objectives, milestones and blockers, driving high profile projects from start to finish
• Aid in prioritization of required engineering work for high visibility initiatives and projects
• Take Initiative and take a proactive approach at finding ways to remove barriers to move a project forward, accurately forecasting risks and mitigating exposure to accomplishing projects
• Assist teams in story writing, backlog maintenance and prioritization and planning. Facilitating creation and prioritization of program-level features and backlogs
• Help teams and individuals clarify goals, and actions to achieve them, create strategic plans and decks oriented to deliver overall technology project goals to all stakeholders
• Serve as the owner, primary point of contact for product and engineering teams, identifying and resolving roadblocks which could delay project deliverables
• Facilitate planning events and other ad-hoc meetings for teams, including story mapping, assigning of tickets, strategic planning sessions and scrum of scrums
• Serve as a team representative and interface directly with other technical project managers across engineering and product
• 5+ years' experience as a Technical Project Manager, Project Manager or Scrum Master for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
• 3 years of experience with Agile project management in a hands-on role.
• Knowledge of approaches in the Agile space: Scrum, Kanban, Lean, etc.
• Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
• String Technical Knowledge of services oriented architecture and development practices.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to communicate anywhere from the team level to C-level executives.
• E-commerce experience
• Experience within the media entertainment industry
• Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Experience in Scrum Master and scaled Agile or transformation roles in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.)
• Engineering background
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.