The Consumer Application Engineering team is looking to hire a talented Technical Project Manager in our Amsterdam Disney Streaming Services office.
As a Technical Project Manager within the Apple, Android & Web Engineering organization, you'll be responsible for managing the software engineering team(s) developing large-scale, highly-performant consumer-facing software applications for products including Disney+, ESPN+, and others. You'll also function as the interface between Product and other Engineering teams, participating in coordination, alignment, roadmapping, and the overall seamless delivery of best-in-class consumer applications.
• You are obsessed with the delivery of quality software, regardless of the challenges
• You promote team synergy among project team members and foster transparent communication
• You build strong relationships with partnered engineering teams
• You display initiative and take a proactive approach at finding ways to remove barriers to move a project forward
• You are able to stay focused under pressure, prioritizing multiple work streams in a deadline-driven environment
• You are constantly seeking ways to improve at every iteration, making suggestions for improvement
• You are an excellent communicator, capable of managing stakeholders in multiple disciplines across several global offices
• Develop and maintain a project plan in order to deliver best-in-class software through the SDLC
• Manage the execution of deliverables, both short and long-term, via clearly defined milestones, and timelines
• Execute on several projects concurrently, with a remote & distributed Engineering team, while balancing competing priorities
• Facilitate and solidify project processes by creating, managing, and updating documentation
• Keep stakeholders informed of day-to-day project statuses, updates, and risks
• Cultivate relationships across engineering and technical teams while serving directly as the end-to-end liaison
• Identify solution paths for competing requirements while managing stakeholder preferences
• Demonstrate product knowledge, and facilitate the development of requirements in consideration of known technical capabilities and limitations
• 3+ years experience as a Technical Project Manager leading complex media, technology, or product launches
• In-depth knowledge and experience running a consumer application development project through the entire SDLC
• Strong knowledge of project management processes including Agile, Kanban, Waterfall
• Experience managing large teams on complex high-profile projects, and are viewed as the ''go-to'' individual
• Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
• Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical te
• Experience working with remote and global teams
• Experience within the media entertainment industry is highly desirable and strongly recommended
• Scrum Master Certification (CSM) is a plus
This position is with The Capitals B.V., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.