Disney Streaming Advanced Research (DSAR) is part of Disney Streaming Services, the division responsible for the complete technical platform for the Disney direct-to-consumer streaming video products. The DSAR team pioneers advanced application features, with a focus on voice, spatial computing, and machine learning to be enjoyed and loved by millions of viewers. We perform long-running research projects and create high-fidelity prototypes to demonstrate future innovations.
The Technical Project Manager and Scrum Master is responsible for facilitating process, removing roadblocks and driving the tactical day-to-day delivery and communication process for our team. This role will work directly with our Engineering Director to communicate, execute, and improve our team wide standards and best practices.
• Monitor and prioritize all team needs and requests, represent our team at daily standups, provide highest level of responsiveness to all teams we support
• Gather and provide our dev team with the details and resources needed to act on requests. This can include but is not limited to tracking down specs, Github pull requests, wiki documentation, product/service definitions and use cases, etc.
• Provide QA testing for other team projects as needed, facilitate getting all tickets to done.
• Unblock the team, coordinate team dependencies, ensure tickets are flowing from Work Queue to Done in a steady predictable manner
• Keep track of sprint metrics, identify trends and anomalies, coach the team on following our processes and improving our practices
• Schedule and lead routine Agile ceremonies (daily scrum, sprint planning and kick off, retrospectives, etc.)
• Work closely with engineering management to create and execute actionable plans and tactics that support our long-term goals and strategy.
• Help sustain and improve our methods for measuring our team's success, progress and improvement
• Coordinate with other teams to identify needs, priorities, dependencies and risks
• Provide prompt and friendly support to anyone looking for help with any of our tools or services.
• 3+ years experience in project management
• Practical, real-world experience with Agile software development
• Desire and eagerness to learn new things.
• Strong troubleshooting skills, great attention to detail, thorough and diligent in the pursuit of goals and objectives.
• Good consultative, customer focus & service skills
• Enthusiastic, highly motivated, self-starter with a positive attitude
• Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to facilitate and run effective meetings
• Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate staff/project team, inspire teamwork
• JIRA, Confluence, Github, Jenkins, Slack
• Manual and automated testing and test planning
• Excellent organizational skills
• Bachelor's Degree