Broadcast Engineering Manager
Disney Streaming is on the search for a Supervisor to be part of our Media Operations leadership team in Amsterdam!
The Media Operations Department at Disney Streaming consists of agile and responsive teams of technicians that perform the daily processes and procedures of our live and on-demand streaming video products. The team's responsibilities consist of round-the-clock support for our products, ensuring proper functionality across all platforms.
What you'll do:
As a Media Operations Supervisor you will lead the daily operations of the team responsible for delivering high profile direct-to-consumer products to market. You will oversee a team of Streaming Media Leads and Operators in the day-to-day activities that enable surfacing and removing live and on-demand content from all internet playback platforms. In addition, responsibilities will also include running Enterprise Incident Management during service outages, schedule coordination, procedure documentation, and client devices and product support as needed, which may include holidays, nights and weekends.
• Define scope for operations based on Engineering and Product requirements
• Use proprietary methods & protocols to ensure that operational tasks are performed by team in correct sequence and follow SOP
• Serve as Incident Manager during service outages
• Set priorities for the team to ensure task completion; coordinate work activities with other supervisors
• Serve as leader and liaison to Operations team personnel as well as product stakeholders
• Serve as an expert in managing application of proprietary technology and interface with engineering teams in the development of system improvements and product feature executions.
• 5+ years of experience in a technical field, directly related to delivery of video on the web
• 2+ years of supervisory or team management experience
• Experience with video encoding for streaming and content distribution networks
• Knowledge of live broadcast transmissions
• Working knowledge of various platforms for streaming media playback (eg: AppleTV, Roku, iOS, Android)
• Ability to troubleshoot workflows when issues arise
• Familiarity with analysis systems such as proxy and network capture tools
• Experience working in live event/high pressure environments
• Experience with training team members and fostering team cohesiveness
• General knowledge of sports rules and regulations is a plus as we stream many live sports events
This position is with The Capitals B.V., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx30ez-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.